Gearing issue??

Tankman

I am currently using 53/39 with 11/25.  <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

New bike comes with 50/34 with 11/23.

I am not the smallest of guys and do like power pedaling.  Comfortable cadence is at 90 to 100 anything higher not that lekka.

I know the compact will assist with climbing, that?s why Im currently running the 25 at the back.

How much will gearing will I lose with the compact or should I try and stick to 53/39?

I am currently using 53/39 with 11/25. 

New bike comes with 50/34 with 11/23.

I am not the smallest of guys and do like power pedaling.  Comfortable cadence is at 90 to 100 anything higher not that lekka.

I know the compact will assist with climbing' date=' that?s why Im currently running the 25 at the back.

How much will gearing will I lose with the compact or should I try and stick to 53/39?

[/quote']

Here's a link to a gear calculator that you can see what speeds you had and what you can get. http://www.sportsdigest.co.za/gearcalc.shtml

In my opinion the 11-23 is a better block compared to the 11-25 as you have a more even spread on the block and the compact crank then compensates for the 23.

Thanks!  My concern is the 50 - 11/12/13 vs 53 11/12/13 really.  not that worried about the easier gears