Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

So how was the voting day rides?

For those doing the "sh!t small race" as Cavendish would call it, the Bela Bela, have a safe ride.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTB night race at Rietvlei tonight ..... avs 20+ in the dark, avg HR 90% frikkin heck and then the average temp was 5.6deg - madness I tell ya :)

The racing tonight was good fun - I can just about feel my toes again-it was pretty cold out there!!

To the HELIVAC MARSHALL...if you pop in to The Cycle hub,Rietvlei Farm, Swartkoppies road, I will prepare a "MUZETT" for you. I see you are asking for old tubes etc... I will gladly give you some new tubes,a set of fold up tyres..puncture repair kit..... mabe a few FIT bars..incase a rider "bonkes" and a few other "on the road needs" You guys do the group rides a great service and on their behalf "THANK YOU,and may the Lord keep you safe out there!!!!"Wendell

So you all recovered from the flat and fast Bela Bela? How did the racing play out?

Trubie, I heard there was a little shunt in your group? Any further info?

What riding got done today?

The only things missing from our weekend morning MTB training rides these days are medals and prize money :(

78k's yesterday, 60 today and no quarter was asked for and none given :o

The only things missing from our weekend morning MTB training rides these days are medals and prize money :(

78k's yesterday, 60 today and no quarter was asked for and none given :o

guess this means I won't be able to join any of these rides in the near future..........

So you all recovered from the flat and fast Bela Bela? How did the racing play out?

Trubie, I heard there was a little shunt in your group? Any further info?

What riding got done today?

racing played out almost exactly as to how I pictured it. Very negative, lotsa attacks, and 2 many wheelsuckers.

the breakaways I managed to get into got caught - twice:(

we had a prang yes, 2/300m from the finish two dudes touched shoulders, bike's etc, one went down hard and took another out...... don't know if there were more behind us, but fortunately I just avoided the accident andhad to abandon my effort to sprint for a position.

our time was also quite patheticlooking at the results

So is everyone out doing secret training? :unsure:

Think I need to then start a secret training program. ;)

Guest agteros

No secret training plan here. just a secret recovery plan ;)

Guest agteros

So you doing a secret recovery plan while the others are doing secret training plans as it is very quiet over here.

Where is Slave? If he is this quiet and training he must be a Tour contender by now. ;)

Archived