Theft at Tokai

Deep Section

Please take this as a warning! Last night when returning from our ride in Tokai forest to the arboretum, only to find that my mate's car had been stolen and the buggers tried to get there hands on both of my bicycle roof rack holders. smiley7.gif We left for our ride at 6pm and returned just after 8pm,there were no other cars besides mine in the parking lot upon our return. A couple of weeks ago 3 of my girlfriends work colleagues had there cars broken into near to where the market is held on a Saturday morning.This post is just a heads up that this area seems to be a bit of a target.

I had a bakkie stolen at the beach once...cleverly "hid" my keys on one of the tires...let the lesson be learnt...won't be doing that again. One of my colleagues had her laptop stolen from the boot of her car the other night...nothing visible inside the car, so they broke in, folded forward the back seat from the inside, and hey presto! Sucks being violated. The times they are a-changin'

Unfortunatly Tokai Forest can be accessed very easily from the Westlake Township. I would advise that you rather park at the Spar in Tokai Road or the Reddam shopping centre then ride to the forest.

WOW!!! That REALLY sucks man. Thanks for the heads up. Before I read this, I actually felt very safe at Tokai for some reason. I guess this scum just keeps flowing out of the toilet bowl and into our lovely havens.

Unfortunatly Tokai Forest can be accessed very easily from the Westlake Township. I would advise that you rather park at the Spar in Tokai Road or the Reddam shopping centre then ride to the forest.

Thats what i was gonna say.  Its an easy place for thieves because there is lots of place to hide if somoeone comes and there is not much traffic to disturb them.

This is bad news indeed.

Puffies and thives in one place.

I think most opportunistic thieves will know that your ride is going to last a while and this gives them their "window of opportunity".

It does however shoot down one theory. Puffies are not good anti-theft devices.LOL

My car was broken into there about a year ago now.

I also left to ride at six and came down 1 hour later. There were two other cars inthe parking lot. They boke into my bakkie stealing my bags and radio as I had gone there straight from work. I had so much stuff in my bag, up to 10K worth of stuff!

Anyway, bastards as they were, they broke into another vehicle as well. They punctured my tire, and stole the car jack and wheel spanner too.

So i could not give chase if I did come down and they were still busy.

I notified the Kirstenhof police, and for a while I did notice them randomly partolling...

I never leave my car there in the evenings anymore. I rather park down the bottom near the guard house at Steenberg.

Snakes + theft at Tokai = 1 x for sale mtb

That's if you weren't already mugged for it!!

That has also happened at tokai!!

I ride to the mountain from home...15 mins warm up and 15 mins home. Makes 30 mins extra time!!

thanks for the warning - such a pity as I also feel very comfotable up there - false sense of security I guess