Claremont ride

ridr

Ok, no mountain bike, so anyone want to do a road ride tomorrow from Claremont/Kenilworth area? And possibly Thursday and Friday?

Jacov

what's the pace gonna be like?

Emma, I'm still shaking off some of the winter rust so I fear I may be to slow for you ...

Still at work for the rest of the week so available for some late afternoon rides, or maybe we can hook up from the weekend.

Keep us posted on the interest.

Gonna ride 9.30 from Constantia today: +/- 3hrs, +/- 90km (depending on the wind), possibly Ou Kaapse, Red Hill, Chappies, Constantia Nek.

ridr, are you down on holiday.?

Looks like another windy day in the Mother City ... but I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride and the views anyway.

Certainly beats sitting at the office as I am.!

This wind is vicious! Started up Ou Kaapse, got near the top and was gatvol.  Couldn't move!  Turned around to go home, but saw two guys coming up. Thought if they can do, it so can I!! Joined them for Kommetjie/ Cape Point, then turned off in Claremont to do Constatia Nek. 107km Big%20smile

Now just have to find some way of keeping the wife occupied another whole day so she doesn't notice that I'm missing Wink

ridr' date=' are you down on holiday.?

Looks like another windy day in the Mother City ... but I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride and the views anyway.

Certainly beats sitting at the office as I am.!
[/quote']

Yes

Yes

Yes

This wind is vicious!

You aint seen nothing yet ... yesterday was just a gentle breeze.!

Or that's how it looked from the office window ...  LOL

If you feel like avoiding the wind a bit, head out along Camps Bay and Llandudno - it's normally sheltered from the south easter - down Suikerbossie and back over Constantia Nek maybe (the Kirstenbosch descent is normally sheltered too). 

I'm keen tomorrow, but not been on the road since last yr's Argus so no idea how my pace will be. Ride MTB at least 3x a week though, so I'm fit - up to you if you wanna risk it!

Went for a hike instead - in the cloud and mist, then some suntanning the other side of the mountain. This place is weird! (and I lived here for 10years, so I should know by now...)

• 2 weeks later...

Colonel has organised a group ride for Saturday morning.

Starting in Sunningdale, heading to the southern suburbs and following the notorious Cape Cobra route.

Contact him for details.