Cadence and fast/slow twitch muscle fibres...!?

davetapson

Bruce - why i posted that link (misnomers and all) is because it explains some basics principles - (and I do admit i chose an easy option' date=' because once you google 'cadence efficiency twitch' -- the day disappears in reading!!Smile)

?

It?sounded to me as if davetapson equals high cadence with fast twitch - as if he understand the 'faster (higher)?cadence' to imply the use of fast twitch - thus missing the main point of difference (and therefore main use)?of fast and slow twitch fibres ...

?

And when I read his reply to your post?it sounds as if he still believes that, so he is doesn't sound nearer to clarity on his original question, where he thinks he has been mislead with information.

?

Maybe you have a link at hand where this is all explained in a way that clears the issue for him?
[/quote']

The concern I have with that article is that is continues the perception that fibre recruitment is related to cadence, when in fact it is related to power output.

I'll see if I can find some decent articles.

It sounded to me as if davetapson equals high cadence with fast twitch - as if he understand the 'faster (higher) cadence' to imply the use of fast twitch - thus missing the main point of difference (and therefore main use) of fast and slow twitch fibres ...

And when I read his reply to your post it sounds as if he still believes that' date=' so he is doesn't sound nearer to clarity on his original question, where he thinks he has been mislead with information.

Maybe you have a link at hand where this is all explained in a way that clears the issue for him?
[/quote']

davetapson is quite aware that common knowledge is that high cadence = slow twitch fibre.  However, davetapson is also aware that common knowledge can often be wrong / not the whole picture, hence davetapson is trying to find some thing better than 'because this unreferenced document says so'.

The concern I have with that article is that is continues the perception that fibre recruitment is related to cadence' date=' when in fact it is related to power output.[/quote']

This seems to make more sense, and, I think, is what Ronelle doesn't understand...  Smile