Peninsula early morning ride

Hi fellow Hubbers, I'm wondering if there are any groups doing early morning rides in the Peninsula area, I'm new to the area and stay in Claremont, looking for some company for some early morning training rides ?  

Guest colonel

Myself and 3 guys are going from Tview to Llandudno tomorrow leaving at 7am and if you want to meet us in town or Sea Point and ride with its all good. We will be in Seapoint by 745am

Why so late ? dont you have hassels with traffic between town and T/view ? I was hoping to find a group riding from Claremont area towards Capepoint and back but earlier (5.30 or so) so I dont become a statistic or a protest ride !!!! Still finding my around these parts. Do you ride this route every day ???

Guest colonel

I went out that way this morning and I think there were 9 cars on the road and on the way home there were 14.

No I dont do this route everyday Im starting to get over my OCD and Im going late cause I enjoy my life and it doesnt revolve around getting up at 4am to go cycle.
colonel2009-01-06 10:25:35

Enjoy the ride, I might see you on the road around Suikerbossie - Seapoint, but I normally have to ride earlier so I can get back and get some work done Dead, ah well such is life Wink

PS: can you tell me what the arrangements are for riding at Killarney on Wedendays (I think) ??? saw some post about that, but I'm not the fighting kind LOL

Guest colonel

Its starts on the 14th Jan at 6pm. R20 and its 1hr of racing.

On a similar topic and also a newbie tring to find his feet in CT, what the hell is the best way of getting across town from Table View to Sea Point etc and avoiding the multi-lane drag trips leading into the city centre?

Cool. I'm fed up of bikes anyway..... A pair of Speedo's has got to be more affordable than all these moving parts.

Guest colonel

I would love to see anyone come out alive on a bicycle in the morning traffic along Koeberg!!!!

Yup, a friend suggested the ship yard route. Sounds tres romantic- I'll have to try it....

In fact thinking about it, where the flip do most people head for from Table View, as Chapmans Peak is closed anyway (as I found out the other weekend Ouch I know, I should get up early and tag along with a group, but these early starts make me wince....

Guest colonel

You can go over Chappies, jump under the gate. You can also go out to stellenbosch, franshoek(sp) or do a loop of Tiekie, back of vissers, back up vissers, contermanskloof, back over tiekie, up jip de jager, lovers lane and home to tableview its about 2,5hrs and pretty cool I do that loop alot in the week.

You can go anywhere from Tab la ver.