NPA wins appeal against Zuma

Spartan SL

But I want a trial!! Don't duck and dive' date=' face the music.  If at the end of it all he's acquitted on all charges, good for him.  If he goes to jail for 35years, good too.  But let's see it all done legitimately.[/quote']

All the ducking and diving cannot but make one wonder what he is trying to hide.

I agree though that he has to go to trial and face the music.

Also makes me think of the OJ Simpson trial in the USA. We all knew he (OJ) was guilty but he was acquited. So the question is why all this subterfuge to avoid the trial. Surely, if you are as innocent as you profess to be, then you'll have noproblem just going to have your day in court.

JZ has created many smoke-screens in the past to duck and dive and one that cost the tax-payers mega bucks was the whole issue of "the appartheid spy."

He should just go to court and take his chances. All this is costing the tax payers money. 

wasn't that dealt with by the harms commission? that would be the same harms who handed down the judgement today.

But I want a trial!! Don't duck and dive' date=' face the music.  If at the end of it all he's acquitted on all charges, good for him.  If he goes to jail for 35years, good too.  But let's see it all done legitimately.[/quote']

All the ducking and diving cannot but make one wonder what he is trying to hide.

I agree though that he has to go to trial and face the music.

Also makes me think of the OJ Simpson trial in the USA. We all knew he (OJ) was guilty but he was acquited. So the question is why all this subterfuge to avoid the trial. Surely, if you are as innocent as you profess to be, then you'll have noproblem just going to have your day in court.

JZ has created many smoke-screens in the past to duck and dive and one that cost the tax-payers mega bucks was the whole issue of "the appartheid spy."

He should just go to court and take his chances. All this is costing the tax payers money. 

wasn't that dealt with by the harms commission? that would be the same harms who handed down the judgement today.

Not entirely... The judgement says JZ can now be charged, but the ANC will likely take this to the Constitutional Court on appeal.  If the appeal is upheld, no trial and the charges will be dropped.  But if the Con Court supports the decision of the Supreme Court of Appeal, we'll most likely have a trial.
Punt2009-01-12 05:48:04

I don't know if it was one and the same who handed down this jusdgement.

All I Can say with any real authority is that the criminal justice system is far too complicated if it can allow ALL the loopholes that are being exploited.

Makes me believe that the alleged crime was committed knowing that effective prossecution and sentencing would be all but impossible.

Still begs the question: If he is as innocent as he says, why not just go to trial?

Methinks he must be terrified of that scenario and that's why all the legal wrangling and manouvering.

That's a tad harsh. Even if he did everything he's accused of.

I agree. It's cruel and insulting to monkeys.

Easy on there guys. Allegedly corrupt. Just because you have strong feelings about it' date=' there's no need to hang him before a trial. And whatever we may think, he is entitled to use all the methods and systems available to him in a defence.
[/quote']

And I agree fully here too, nobody knows anything for sure yet... We'll see what happens in a trial.  But I want a trial!! Don't duck and dive, face the music.  If at the end of it all he's acquitted on all charges, good for him.  If he goes to jail for 35years, good too.  But let's see it all done legitimately.
stop trying to be nice hes a dick full stop!!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry harry12009-01-12 06:00:23

Hey, dick's a useful thing. First someone insults the primates, now they insulting dicks.

Gazonka nut might be a more fitting description.

I have to give him credit though for his attempted effort in finding a possible cure for HIV/Aids (Also referred to as The High 5 or Slow Puncture...) Although his suggestion of having a shower and/or eating beetroot.., proved to be incorrect.., he was the first government official to finally suggest a possible way of curing the disease... Something the then Health Minister after almost a decade of kidney/liver transplants and a storage warehouse of alcohol expense claims was unable to do... Big%20smile

My two-cents -  At the end of the day.., with the ANC being a Xhosa based party (I stand to be corrected on this...) I am pretty sure that every string that needed to be pulled to ensure that JZ does stand trial.., resulting in either a conviction or to even discredit him enough.., so as to prevent a Zulu from running the country... (How they allowed him to become leader of their party in the first place is another conversation...)

• 10 years later...

thread revival!!

msholozi is getting his day in court.

it is not going well

in other news for the amount of time this thread has been dead, Shabir Shaik has been out on medical parole. alive

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Schabir-Shaik.jpg