Cape Town Summer Leauge

Dicky DQ

Wow, what to do. Do I cancel my CSA full licence and take out a cyclosport licence??

Help!!!! I is too Doff!!!! it seems.

I thought that it would be in everyone's interest to make the Summer leauge as accessable as possible, but NO!

If you have a Full CSA Licence you cannot ride for a team or can you.

From what I have been told:

1. If you have full CSA Licence you must ride in your Club's Kit or in Nutral kit

2. The team must clearly be identifyable as a TEAM

How do you do both??

3. If you have a Ciclosport Licence all is Cool and you can ride in ANY KIT???

So what to do??? Cancel the application for a full licence and apply for a cyclosport licence. CAN ONE DO THIS?

IF YOU CAN AND YOU WANT TO RIDE ALL THE RACES AND RIDE IN A SMALL LITTLE SUMMER LEAUGE RACE WITH A BUNCH OF MATES AS A BIT OF A TEAM, MAY I SUGEST THE FOLLOWING:

1. Take out a cyclosport Licence wait till you get it then upgrade to a full licence. the number stays the same and you can uose whichever one you want dependingon what the application is.

2. Otherwise CSa looses out on revenue and, and, and.

Or do I have it all wrong?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow' date=' what to do. Do I cancel my CSA full licence and take out a cyclosport licence??

Help!!!! I is too Doff!!!! it seems.

I thought that it would be in everyone's interest to make the Summer leauge as accessable as possible, but NO!

If you have a Full CSA Licence you cannot ride for a team or can you. yes you can providing all ride for the same club or team or enter as an individual and ride in you club or sponsors kit or neutral kit

From what I have been told:

1. If you have full CSA Licence you must ride in your Club's Kit or in Nutral kit - ride in club/sponsors/neutral kit.

2. The team must clearly be identifyable as a TEAM -all team members must be in same kit

How do you do both??

3. If you have a Ciclosport Licence all is Cool and you can ride in ANY KIT??? yes

So what to do??? Cancel the application for a full licence and apply for a cyclosport licence. CAN ONE DO THIS?

IF YOU CAN AND YOU WANT TO RIDE ALL THE RACES AND RIDE IN A SMALL LITTLE SUMMER LEAUGE RACE WITH A BUNCH OF MATES AS A BIT OF A TEAM, MAY I SUGEST THE FOLLOWING:

1. Take out a cyclosport Licence wait till you get it then upgrade to a full licence. the number stays the same and you can uose whichever one you want dependingon what the application is. CSA/PPA/myrace know about this loophole and won't issue you another license

2. Otherwise CSa looses out on revenue and, and, and.

Or do I have it all wrong?
[/quote']

if you ride as a sponsored individual your sponsor wont get mentioned anywhere if you podium during summer league, organisers are forcing all to form teams so they have the extra R1 500 income.

We rode as a team with cyclosport licences.  Couldn't do provincial champs, but wasn't bothered.  We would pitch up in team kit and get weird looks from officials, but they can't complain cause it's cyclo licences!  No need to get a full one in my opinion.  No need to.

Is it just me or is R850/individual a bit expensive for riding Summer League, or am I just out of touch?

Especially if one is not planning on doing all 7 rides?

I have to miss the first two races so have to pay 850 for 5 rides!

not stoked

and i'm only here for 4 races... so I'm not riding summer league

but wait, if it's 1500 for a team then 4 ppl make a team and club together it's only 375 each! Who's keen?

Is that right?

but wait' date=' if it's 1500 for a team then 4 ppl make a team and club together it's only 375 each! Who's keen?

Is that right?
[/quote']

R1500 is over and above the R850 per team member - just to be able to enter the team competition. Dead

R1500 is over and above the R850 per team member - just to be able to enter the team competition. Dead

did your sponsor cover that for you? interestingly enough - i was watching the cape odyssey the other night and I see team cape storm did quite well there as well Wink

So I live on the border and belong to an MTB Team/Club. (AMA Rider to be exact) What now. I have not seen any team Sponsored Kit so what now?

Is my team kit now neutral?? or What??

Oh yes, What happens when you change club mid season? Or when things get Co%ked up? I initially registered with My Race last year using Tygerburg MTB as my club.

I then waited for months to get my licence in the interum I joined AMA Rider (One if the few listed clubs on My Race) and I am still a member till middle of this year. I am now a member of AMA Rider but according to CSA I am a member of Tygerberg MTB.

So what kit must I Ride in?

Sorry I Is DOFF, so maybe I should not ride at all...........

Guest colonel

not stoked

There are only 5 events so what is stopping you entering all the rest?

Is my team kit now neutral?? or What??

Oh yes' date=' What happens when you change club mid season? Or when things get Co%ked up? I initially registered with My Race last year using Tygerburg MTB as my club.

I then waited for months to get my licence in the interum I joined AMA Rider (One if the few listed clubs on My Race) and I am still a member till middle of this year. I am now a member of AMA Rider but according to CSA I am a member of Tygerberg MTB.

So what kit must I Ride in?

Sorry I Is DOFF, so maybe I should not ride at all...........
[/quote']

if you are a member of amarider for 2009 (ie 1/1/09 to 31/12/09) then u ride in their kit. Tygerberg mtb obviously haven't registered their club on myrace 

2008 Spring League there were 69 subvets riding - think the nr's will drop a lot because of the cost now.  I mean, what rider aiming for 57th place on the log will pay R850 for that priviledge?

So CycleLab is pocketing a lot with this since they now run the League...

But if numbers drop...?

not stoked

There are only 5 events so what is stopping you entering all the rest?

weekend 1 : bachelors

weekend 2 : 30th

weekend 3 : wedding

weekend 4 & 5 : honeymoon

hmmm - spend R850 to race 3 or 4 races and come 77th, or enjoy myself ?

Normally it would ahve cost you R300 to register and R70 per race (*7), so it woulda cost you R790 anyway? If it's run properly I'm happy to pay the extra, add into that the media coverage allowing for more leverage with spoonsors. Step in the right direction.