I made the front page of the Cape Argus Website

JohnnyReggae

You okes are crazy!! Does the bike have suspension, or do you have a springy saddle?

Or do you have spring in your step?

What distance are you cycling?

Small hi-jack' date=' but don't you guys in Ct know where you live? I mean the name of that silly newspaper... Cracks me up... Its not like we call it the JHB Star or citizen or whatever...

Jack-off

[/quote']

jack on/

natal witness

new york times

i could find more, but maybe look at your own sandpit, you'll find the Sowetan

A, we don't talk about Soweto, and B, I find them other paper names funny too... Actually I resent all newsprint. Ask hr how I feel.

You okes are crazy!! Does the bike have suspension' date=' or do you have a springy saddle?

Or do you have spring in your step?

What distance are you cycling?

[/quote']

No suspension Smile ... the tyre is the suspension. Running a 24"x3" tyre on the MUni in the photo. The tyre has a fairly large profile with a very strong sidewall, so it can take the abuse of drops. On a MUni you run the tyre with as little air pressure so not to bottom out when taking drops which gives you a fairly good cushion when landing. On my 29'er I run a 29"x2.3", which I'll probably be using for the MTB race.

At the moment just looking at doing the 26km race. 15km's is way to short and over reasonably quickly, and 35km's is quite tough off-road and slowly working my way up the distances. I've done a couple of 15km's and a 24km so far. I also do a lot of riding around the Tokai single tracks a few times a week, although doing jeep tracks are quite different to doing technical downhill single track.

I don't have any gears and it's a fixie which means that you pedal the entire distance, up and down. Obviously the hills are quite tough just from a fitness point of view as there is no granny gear, and the downhills hit your knees because of the strees you need to apply backwards on the pedals to slow yourself down. Along with the concentration all the time, there is no relaxing. That is also part of why I enjoy MUni Smile It's always a challenge Big%20smile

Respect!! I bought a uni in december and fell like a cripple learning to walk, it is going to take some learning for me to get to grips with this.

Geez, ja. Respect. I saw about three okes riding down Mamba round Nov 08. Could not believe my eyes. Probably see you guys 1 March then. How many uni's doing the trail?

Geez' date=' ja. Respect. I saw about three okes riding down Mamba round Nov 08. Could not believe my eyes. Probably see you guys 1 March then. How many uni's doing the trail?[/quote']

That was probably myself and a few mates. We ride that route fairly often, in fact I have done the Mamba, Boomslang, Snake Eyes route twice this week already. Will probably be doing it early tomorrow morning again. At the moment there are 3 of us agreed to meet up around 6:30 tomorrow morning for a ride Smile

There are currently 3 of us registered for the Argus MTB race, and 1 guy (Hendrik Verwoed) registered to do the Argus itself on his 36" Uni.

uhm' date=' wheres the rest of your bicycle?Tongue

[/quote']

Couldn't afford it Smile Those b*kes you guys ride are so damn expensive.Mine is a much cheaper option with virtually no maintenance. Have only had to replace my cranks (bent), saddle (snapped in half), and seat post (snapped at weld join). Sum total=R1000 .... in just over a year Smile

...and how many clown suits did you tear in the process?OuchWink

[/quote']

Couldn't afford it Smile Those b*kes you guys ride are so damn expensive.Mine is a much cheaper option with virtually no maintenance. Have only had to replace my cranks (bent), saddle (snapped in half), and seat post (snapped at weld join). Sum total=R1000 .... in just over a year Smile

None Smile They are reserved for the MTB'ers that don't have the b*lls to attempt the same trails and drops as we do, even though they have 2 wheels...... Yours is on back order Tongue

[/quote']

None Smile They are reserved for the MTB'ers that don't have the b*lls to attempt the same trails and drops as we do, even though they have 2 wheels...... Yours is on back order Tongue

hahaha!LOL

I hope it's a red suit.

I'll show you some trails I'd LAAAARV to see you okies ride.....just say whenWink

hahaha!LOL

I hope it's a red suit.

I'll show you some trails I'd LAAAARV to see you okies ride.....just say whenWink

When .... Wink