To the bunch riding into camps bay this morn

DeltaOscar

Guest Michelle

Mackiemoo: focus...I am not Jason.

And it's not that hard to read 5000 posts of people moaning, there are plenty here already...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My training partner and I have no choice, we have to ride single file, we ride tandem!!!!!!!

Riding two-gether is so much more fun!!!!!!!!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK, dude, if you HATE roadies riding abreast then stop them and tell them. HOW does it help to jump on here and bitch about it?

Hey, I have an idea, why not log onto www.hellopeter.com and write up a formal complaint. You can direct it at VidaE as perhaps they will get a forensic investigator to track down the 'wanker' and they can punish and sue the 'wanker' to within an inch of his shaved legged, spandex clad life.

or, you can do what it says in the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...."RELAX"

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK' date=' dude, if you HATE roadies riding abreast then stop them and tell them. HOW does it help to jump on here and bitch about it?
Hey, I have an idea, why not log onto www.hellopeter.com and write up a formal complaint. You can direct it at VidaE as perhaps they will get a forensic investigator to track down the 'wanker' and they can punish and sue the 'wanker' to within an inch of his shaved legged, spandex clad life.

[/quote']

It's not a question of HATING roadies riding abreast, it's a question of right and wrong. It's wrong to ride 3 abreast at 9 in the morning, in traffic, when the road isn't wide enough. I had a snake of cars behind me, all of us being held up.

I tried to get the guys attention by calling to him through the window. I don't hoot at cyclists, and there wasn't enough room to pull alonside and have a chat. He clearly heard me and he must have been aware of the cars stacking up behind, yet he waved me off and carried on chatting to his mate, hence - Wanker.

Should I have pulled past them and then blocked them off cop style? before asking them all to get off their bikes and receive a lecture on cycling etiquette. Get Real.

This is a 'Rant n Rave' forum. I was Ranting n Raving.

Who does it help? Me.

How do you know his legs were shaved?

From my description?

Can't RELAX, not in my nature. 

But thanks for the concern.

Riding 3 abreast from Bakoven to Camps Bay is not cool.

Especially you in the Vida Cafe kit - wanker.
Does everyone have to piss in their pants every time they see cyclists riding three abreast and then come post it here? It's not gonna change... Let it be and move on...4 5 sakes

Does everyone have to piss in their pants every time they see someone bitching and moaning on the Hub and then come post it here? It's not gonna

change... Let it be and move on...4 5 sakes

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK' date=' dude, if you HATE roadies riding abreast then stop them and tell them. 

...."RELAX"
[/quote']

Have done so before and had a bike park sideways in my face, which left me with a scar on my forehead as a reminder of my efforts where 1 of the spokes hit and for which I had to 10 stiches.

Then you have the fricken audacity to tell me to relax. Look at the flip side of the coin, then the roadies shouldn't moan on this site should they get hit by a cars.  Nobody in their right mind would like that and I don't wish it on any cyclist, but it is this type of riding behaviour that caused friction between cyclists & motorists.

You have the typical silly mentality of a Mr Know-It-All-Cyclist and I wouldn't be surprised if you are 1 of those similiar types who will ride 3 abreast on a busy road.

It you don't like them apples, you know what to do! This site is for ranting & raving and this exactly what I am doing, maybe with a lesson to our younger generation cyclists.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK' date=' dude, if you HATE roadies riding abreast then stop them and tell them. HOW does it help to jump on here and bitch about it?

[/quote']

It's not a question of HATING roadies riding abreast, it's a question of right and wrong. It's wrong to ride 3 abreast at 9 in the morning, in traffic, when the road isn't wide enough. I had a snake of cars behind me, all of us being held up.

I tried to get the guys attention by calling to him through the window. I don't hoot at cyclists, and there wasn't enough room to pull alonside and have a chat. He clearly heard me and he must have been aware of the cars stacking up behind, yet he waved me off and carried on chatting to his mate, hence - Wanker.

Should I have pulled past them and then blocked them off cop style? before asking them all to get off their bikes and receive a lecture on cycling etiquette. Get Real.

This is a 'Rant n Rave' forum. I was Ranting n Raving.

Who does it help? Me.

How do you know his legs were shaved?

From my description?

Can't RELAX, not in my nature. 

But thanks for the concern.

ya, I hear you man. It is actually a big problem with roadies, especially on these thin roads in the Cape. It's just that there really are no solutions besides running them off the road [which would damage your car :( ]. I think you should have hooted at them. Why not?

The gist of what I was saying is that you can complain about the roadie attitude forever on the hub, but it will not help. Cyclists know the rules. They choose to be inconsiderate and break them. If they are logged on here and reading this, why would they stop?

You should have hooted profusely at them, revv'd as closely as possible, made some dummy passes, then passed them, rolled down the window, sworn at them and then throw a flaming hot cup of coffee from Vida at them, to show the irony of it all.

peace out

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK' date=' dude, if you HATE roadies riding abreast then stop them and tell them. 

...."RELAX"

[/quote']

Have done so before and had a bike park sideways in my face, which left me with a scar on my forehead as a reminder of my efforts where 1 of the spokes hit and for which I had to 10 stiches.

Then you have the fricken audacity to tell me to relax. Look at the flip side of the coin, then the roadies shouldn't moan on this site should they get hit by a cars.  Nobody in their right mind would like that and I don't wish it on any cyclist, but it is this type of riding behaviour that caused friction between cyclists & motorists.

You have the typical silly mentality of a Mr Know-It-All-Cyclist and I wouldn't be surprised if you are 1 of those similiar types who will ride 3 abreast on a busy road.

It you don't like them apples, you know what to do! This site is for ranting & raving and this exactly what I am doing, maybe with a lesson to our younger generation cyclists.

Audacious, I know. Bet the blood is boiling there too! I agree on the roadies not moaning point. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

"You have the typical silly mentality of a Mr Know-It-All-Cyclist and I

wouldn't be surprised if you are 1 of those similiar types who will

ride 3 abreast on a busy road."

very typical, I know. I don't ride roads though. I don't own a road bike. I ride MTB. And no, I don't do XC either, so you wont find me 3 abreast on a farm road. I like to ride to escape the madding crowd.

Anyway, you can bitch and moan in the 'Rant and Rave' section all you want, it's not going to stop any cyclists from riding how they like. Look at each situ as it arises and deal with it then.

Sjooooooo.. this is a bit of a infected sore huh? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I think half the reason we don?t like the ou?s doing the 3 abreast thing is cause It effects us. Wrong? think not, do you guys pirate music? or shall we call it "share"? I do but the effect does not effect me so why care?? Im not saying im right Im just being logic here.. I dont know If the whole law thing does it for me either cause darn If I?m late for work and there?s a bunch in the road ahead of me I also really feel like hitting the oke, but then again It must really suck to have to ride single file, no fun at all huh..and I understand this..

So ... If everyone reading this that do or not do ?the 3 abreast thing? just take decency to call a "brother in arms" to pull over(even just temporary) on the next group ride when he is blatantly being inconsiderate and "pretending? not to realize there are cars pilling up behind him/ the group.

Then this post will make a difference and I might not get rage next time I see a group do this and someone Important might not think of all road cyclists as ?w@nkers? just because some are  and this someone?s company might carry on sponsoring a major cycling event for instance.

PS that dude (the w@nker) will probably be the oke hoothing and yelling at cyclists when they do the 3 abreast thing on a ride and he happens to be in the car stuck behind the group.