Just what we need,,,,electronic shifting

Johan Bornman

yeah, I heard about this...

what happens when you're in the big blade and smal cog, cruising downhill and just when the road turns skywards again, you realise that you forgot to charge/replace the batteries????

I dont like the idea!

Ah - or you're sprinting at the finish, and one of the spectator's phone rings and the radio frequency interference changes your gear...

These things are wireless - which means there's some wireless communication between your shifters and the derailleurs... imagine if they get confused (like hear rate monitor straps and watches) and you start shifting the guy-next-to-you's gear....

What happens if the battery dies? You stuck in one gear?

You fall off the mountain just like these chaps...

"The gadget" was the code-name given to the first nuclear explosive developed under the Manhattan Project during World War II.

And this topic could be just as explosive....

The idea is great (can^t believe i said that) but those wires look like trouble.

One day in the not so far future...... teams will have riders (called domestiques) carrying electrical jamming devices to incapicitate the opposition teams electronics at crucial moments.... and then the guy with conventional cable system will win will win will win will win with zero defect zero defect ...