Barberton MTB Classic - Thanks

BigDeon

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors. What a great ride yesterday. I did the 45k and the 10, 11, 12 km climb was eish?.. what a climb. It was awesome seeing guys climbing and climbing and climbing in the mist ahead. Thought the climb would never end. The route down was fast and felt never ending. Even got cramp in my arms from breaking so often.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The last stretch in the reserve was magnificent and apologies to one of the pro's (75k riders) who hit me from behind (his number went flying!!) down one of the technical (very) sections.

What a great event and lets hope the route stays the same next year.

Oh, if the organizers arranged the weather, well done as there too.

Hehe, I had a crash which sounded a lot like that one - came barrelling into a steep technical section, a lady 40k rider was about to attempt it and chickened out..problem is I wasn't expecting her to suddenly stop. Had to change my line at the *very* last minute, powerslide, over the top and landed hard on my pip. Luckily that limited the damage; found my sunnies and jumped right back on. Thanks Uvex for a great helmet, definitely saved me a lot of trouble that bad boy did. I'm about to find out about the returns/replacement policy...

sad i missed it!

Don't worry I'm bound to crash again soon...

(OOOOHHH, you mean the RACE)

Ah man, reading all this makes me wistful. Was around 2000 when I last did Barbeton. Was truly one of the favoured events of the season, ol Clint from Finish Line let us ride his bike in the swimming pool, the wine, the women, the great ride etc .... Have some good mammarys from then, and memorys.

Congrats intern, sounds like you did well, including your acrobatics...