24 spoked hubs

MoreTrails

So I was clever enough to buy a pair of Mavic Cross Ride wheels (on a budget here...) - based on good reviews (clearly on the wrong site Confused) and the fact that their rims are things of legend.

So the rim is tip top, spokes all nice and pinging, and the rear hub is made of some french cheese and good dose of dog ****. Even with love, attention and regular servicing it still gives uphill...Ouch

I am after a replacement hub that can take the 24 spoke lacing (yeah spoke length may be tricky) and HAS A SEAL TO THE FREEHUB!!!!Angry

Anyways, any advice will be appreciated - and a hub that fits, sounds good and does the work like the way a hub should would be GREATBig%20smile

Shot.

If I read you right, you want to do the impossible. You want to replace the hub on an existing wheel - a 24-spoke one nogal and still use your existing spokes and rims?

Can't be done for more than one reason:

1) 24-spoke hubs are like hens teeth unless you buy replacement parts for boutique wheels.

2) Those Mavic spokes are proprietary.

3) No two hubs have the same flange diameter and offset, so your spokes won't fit even if you can satisfy the first two criteria

4) Straight-pull hubs are usually paired to one type of rim only.

Write off your bad asset and get some generic wheels that can be repaired.

I had the same problem with 24 hole hubs and got the same advise. The only people who make 24 hole hubs as far as I could find out, is Sun Ringle and Token. The Ringle hubs (Dirty Flea) I think are very nice but ridiculously expensive. The Token Hubs you can buy from Tokenfreak - a regular on the Hub. They will set you back almost R2000-00. With spokes and paying someone to build it will be an exercise in futility.

Take Mr Bornman's advise and buy generic wheels that can be repaired and serviced anywhere.

Zipp also makes 24H rear hubs and you can get them at Cycle tech.  Again expensive option.

Pretty much what I thought....as they say in the classics - EISH

Shot for the advice guys, see you on the trails