Some facts - Entry fees was : 2007 - 175km R270

2008 - 175km R250

2009 - 175km R300

You'll get  - Powerade 1l concentrate

Breakfast at Waterpoort

Lunch at Vivo

Snackpack at Schoemansdal

Bosveld Potjie and beer tickets Saturday Night

Real value Goody bag - fully packed with fruits and other goodies

Sunday  - snack pack on the N1 if you drive past our Kremetart  

1-Stop!

Stunning medal

Entertainment Saturday Night

the list goes on.................................................

Wheelie2009-01-27 07:07:02

Ek sal maar hierdie jaar die 2780 km rit moet aanpak en kom kyk of dit REGTIG die moeite werd is.

Still very good value, last year there were various potjies and i had helpings from each one Embarrassed

Still the best race on the calendar. (Do you think that you can rid of those real cops past the breakfast cops this year please)Embarrassed 

From a pricing perspective it seems to me that R1.50/km has now become the average for a road race (R150 for a 100k race).  What really ticks me off is the cost for riding a tandem.  In my opinion it's still only 1 bike so the call is - are we charged an entry fee for the bike or the riders???? I easily accept that tandems should be charged more than a single, but DOUBLE...........Disapprove

I use my tandems (road & MTB) to introduce novices to bigger rides - but being charged double the sigle-rider fee makes it rediculously expensive.  So my apologies to Berge & dale, Carnival City and Ride for sight but my finances only allowed me to ride Fast One (R330 entry fee) and Emperors Palace (R300).  Keen to ride Kremetart but have a suspicion it's not going to happen.

Did the Kremetart for the first time last year and even at R 300 it is still well worth the money. Will definitely be doing it this year.

Some facts - Entry fees was : 2007 - 175km R270
                                               2008 - 175km R250
                                               2009 - 175km R300
You'll get  - Powerade 1l concentrate
                  Breakfast at Waterpoort
                  Lunch at Vivo
                  Snackpack at Schoemansdal
                  Bosveld Potjie and beer tickets Saturday Night
                  Real value Goody bag - fully packed with fruits and other goodies
                  Sunday  - snack pack on the N1 if you drive past our Kremetart  
                                   1-Stop!
                  Stunning medal
                  Entertainment Saturday Night
                  the list goes on.................................................

What is it with cyclist, do you guys want everything for nothing, entry fees even at R300 for a race is still cheap, the cost of running your bike is cheap, but I get the impression that unless cyclist can bitch and moan they're not happyDead