My new CKT 258

Yang

Nice ride Yang! Well done to nico for a great build, can see by the cable routing some effort was put in. smiley32.gif

Check out www.ckt-carbon.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Weapon- yep, Nico Bell did a great build, a reflection of his appreciation of the bike. He was duly impressed, which is high praise indeed from a pro who knows his stuff and carries top end models in his shop.

@Velo-

Checkout the stays. Is CKT copying Willier, or is Willier copying CKT, or are they the same thing Wink

Good question Velo, good question- didn't know that.

Yang, sorry for the hijack...

Is a person allowed to ride on the highway from the border to Maputo? I might hopefully be coming that way later this year and want to bring my bike with.

BTW, very nice bike
Speed Devil2009-01-29 14:47:06

Your one just needs some Deeps on it thats all, Some 404's tubbie :-) Awesome looking bike like the shapes and tubing.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeez the lines are slow tonight- thought my first posting didn't go through so repeated it- deleted this one.
Yang2009-02-11 13:14:28

Your one just needs some Deeps on it thats all' date=' Some 404's tubbie :-) Awesome looking bike like the shapes and tubing.[/quote']

Not Deeps, but these Campag Eurus' took the bike from 8,4kg's to 8,04. I changed the skewers and that took the weight down to exactly 8. The tyres are Conti Gators with tyre liners and heavy inner tubes. Replace the tyres with race slicks, put in latex inners, take out the liners and replace the SPD's with Speedplays, and the bike will go down to at least 7,6kg's. The tubing is awesome- square- with a feeling of solidity strength. The top tube is square and curved, and the down tube is also square.

20090211_130712_CKT_Eurus_002sm.jpg

Yang' date=' sorry for the hijack...

Is a person allowed to ride on the highway from the border to Maputo? I might hopefully be coming that way later this year and want to bring my bike with.

BTW, very nice bike
[/quote']

Hi SD- sorry for taking so long to respond- time has been tight.

If you're coming through Ressano Garcia the road on the Moz side is in good shape. Wide shoulder and the traffic is thin, although fast moving. Its mostly flattish with some long low gradient inclines. Keep in touch. There's a good bunch of guys riding in Maputo, ranging from B group types to some real race snakes. Also, if you're going north of Maputo you're welcom to crash over at my place on your way through.

And here's another pic...

20090211_132604_CKT_Eurus_009sm.jpg