My new CKT 258

Yang

Here's my belated Christmas present. Worth the wait.

20090128_141420_CKT_Couch_034.jpg

Willl post better, close up pics tomorrow.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my old wheels from my training bike- a Campag Ambrosio up front, and a no name brand type at the back. I'm putting on the Eurus this weekend, and will be on the lookout for deepsections on the Hub over the next few months- let the wallet settle down a bit for now.

Francois- that's where I saw the bikes as well-

With the old training wheels it comes in at 8.4kg's. Its specced with Chorus 11, would have saved a couple 100g's with Record. I'll check the weight once I've fitted the Eurus this weekend in Durban. I'm using the Shimano SPD's- small and light pedals which have worked for me for years. The carbon frame could have been lighter but it would have then lost some of its robustness- makes me feel confident.

I've also slashed off 3 kg's off my own frame over the last 2 months- down to my fighting weight, so I more than compensate for a bike that weighs just over 8.

@Velo- so far the shifting has been effortless and smooth, with only one or two graunches, which I attribute to my hastiness when I got on it for the first time, and maybe because it it needs to wear in over a good ride. I haven't taken the bike out in anger- almost impossible on our flat roads out here- will be training in Durban on weekend to push it.

A view of the integrated handlebar and stem, with the Chorus levers. Also check the internal cable routing.

20090129_021526_CKT_Couch_002.jpg
Yang2009-01-29 02:16:22

Ah, you noticed. LOL Picked him up on a spin. For a while he was the fastest chameleon on earth on two wheels.