Chappies and Boyes Drive for argus

FanieFiets

I just read on the Beeld website that the Chappies route will be open but that everybody will use the road on own risk..... would there now be insurance issues at stake if a rock crushes you??????

moenie worry nie Oom H' date=' dit moet 'n moerse klip wees wat jou gaan crush! Wink
[/quote'] ............ ek worry meer oor die Tandem boet!!!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read on the Beeld website that the Chappies route will be open but that everybody will use the road on own risk..... would there now be insurance issues at stake if a rock crushes you??????

moenie worry nie Oom H' date=' dit moet 'n moerse klip wees wat jou gaan crush! Wink
[/quote'] ............ ek worry meer oor die Tandem boet!!!!!!!!

Said like a true cyclist...And I'm sure you didn't think twice before saying thatWink

Does EM's priorities sentiment yours?LOL

the insurance thing shouldn't be a problem unless you're a "professional" cyclist who does races all the time, or an elite cyclist. Even then, cycling is hardly a "dangerous pursuit"...

all the "at own risk" thing is, is absolving the Cycle Tour Trust and the Chappies maintenance team from any liability should you come a-croppa due to a rather large, un-social carbon-based shpongle falling on top of you.

Standard insurance will cover, and in the case of non-recreational cyclists, will cover as long as you've notified said life office (insurer) that you're a professional cyclist, taking part in x amount of races per year. Even then, there shouldn't be an exclusion.

Add to that that the indemnity will be pretty much the same as the ones Motorsport SA make all spectators at rallies and hillclimbs sign - just so that you can't sue THEM for negligence...

Hope this little rant clears things up...