ANOTHER CYCLIST KNOCKED OVER

RickA

R.I.P.

Really sad to read stuff like this and have in happening "so close to home"......

We all cycle on a daily base and it is stories like this that really makes one wonder......is it worth it.......

Condolences to the family that is left behind.....may God give you the peace and understanding to continue forward without your loved one.

My prayers will be with you!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Tragic. A good man taken in the prime of his life. My he rest in peace. My deep felt condolences for Candice and the boys. May God give you the strength through this terrible time.

This is really sad news to read this morning.  My deepest sympathies to Craig's family and friends.

and Rick, thank you for caring and helping. Seeing something like this happen, cannot be easy. 

Hi Rick

I am a friend of Craig as well and has been his brother's neighbour for quite a long time before they emigrated to Australia. Thank you for all your effort in trying to locate the family of Craig through your own initiative. It is amazing to know that Greg stumbled across your posting last night on which he phoned us to get the number of Craig's wife Candice. If it was not for your effort Candice would probably had to endure last night not knowing where her husband was, as we tracked Craig down after calling 5 hospitals as well as the police.

I informed Craig's brother David Haskins in Australia last night of his death and one can understand that as probably not only his best friend, but also his brother they were quite upset.

Craig's dad and mom is doing contract work in Dubai and has also been notified and will be flying in during the next two days.

Thank you again for your amazing effort and goodwill as it is much appreciated by all his family and friends.

My condolences to Candice and her two lovely boys - we loved Craig dearly and will also be there for you.

Regards

Franco

My deepest sympathies to the family. for all those cyclists out there this is a dangerous sport. The reality is that both cyclists and motorists are at fault. In this case clearly it was the motorist that was at fault but what can be done about this, what can the traffic officials do about it. I dont think much but it is up to us as cyclists to be aware but not even then are we safe.Cry

firstly my condolences to the family, Cry

our great sport is starting to become a place of sadness and grief with constant mugging and accidents like these

has to be more we as a community can do to stop these occurencesAngry

Rest in Peace Craig. My sincerest sympathies to the family and his friends.Strength to the family in this difficult time. 

RIP Craig and condolences to the family and friends during this difficult time

Respect to RickA for your quick thinking that lead to family being notified in due time - truly honourable

Hi everyone

Thanks to everyone who read the post and responded. I just wanted to help Craig. As a cyclist myself I immediately imagined myself in his position, and the thought that my family would not know where I was, was frightening. I had to try to find someone who knew Craig.

Knowing the spirit of community on the hub, I thought it was quite likely that someone may know Craig or his bike and would be able to contact his family, it turned out I was right.  This is a good community, I am glad to be part of it, knowing that there are people out there that are willing to assist in times like this.

Once again - my sincerest condolences to Craig's wife Candice, his two sons, his brother and parents and to all of his friends.