Scott Spark

Thug

Have a look at the left hand side of the handlebar on the new Scott Spark 10.... busy...........very busy.

20070213_031603_spark.JPG

wtf, is the Spark aimed at monkeys??? Can't ppl figure out how to use the controles without those stickers?!?!!? It's not a f'ing Boeing, omg...Marius2007-02-13 03:21:55

They're claiming it to be so light & fast thet I'm surprised there isn't an Eject button on it as well... or is that on the right side? Wink

Dude, that thing is designed in the States... half the population will sue Scotts ass for pressing the wrong button.

Nah, if it's that fast it should have one of those parachutes that comes out the back to slow you down ha ha ha haLOL but that might be a bit hard on the sub 1kg frame and snap it in half hiehiehieLOL

Marius2007-02-13 03:25:15

hi Thug - looks like that's from the latest issue of MBA online? I also subscribe. Can you tell me how you're able to edit/save pics etc?

Buckshot, correct. Downloaded the April issue last night.

The easiest way is to do a screenprint and dump it into paint. Then cut out the part that one wants and save it as a jpg or gif file.

Marius, according to the article the bike weighs 11.2 Kg's (24.6 lbs) excluding pedals.

The Thug2007-02-13 03:44:47

ja for someone who wants to have the lightest full sus mtb on the market - thats a lot of lever up there on the bar, giant should just copy the bike and leave the lever off and then claim "lighter than scott" Big%20smile

The Frame is Carbon composite

Drivetrain is a mixture of X0 & XTR with Juicy Ultimates

Wheels are DT Swiss XR455

Fork is a Fox F100RL  (shame not even a terralogic)

Shock is a DT Swiss

Rock.....yeah, true true........what is it and why is it so special tho?  Shifters?  Didn't really look in detail.....someone save me hitting the back button and let me know!!Ouch

think  it might be for the shock yeah?

Saffa_G2007-02-13 03:57:47

The X0 triggers are on the same lever as the Ultimates (or the other way around).

The go / stop lever works the DT Swiss shock and has 3 settings....... Lockout, Traction Control & All Terrain  (sounds like a bleeding Range Rover LOL)

what, They have that bike in the Bucycling Mag weighing 9.8 or 9.9kg and the frame is said to be sub 1kg....

See the SRAM X.0 doesn't clamp over the bar but straight into the bottom of the Ultimate brake lever. Do they still give you the option of a bar clamp?... bit sh*tty if you change brake levers Confused