wiele wat gewig kan vat

Breezer

is nie seker nie. 'n pel van my ry 'n tandem agterwiel op sy titanium fiets.  oor die fyner detail kan ek nie help nie - dit werk wel vir hom.

Thanks. The problem is the rear hub and axel. 1000km and it is full of little chips. He currently run Alex D 500 with 32 spokes. Can you put a good hub with sealed bearings in? 

Those chips you talk about can be from water intrusion or overload (usually overtightened hubs not compensating for the QR's tension). I'll have to look at them to see which.

Your best option is still cup-and-cone hubs but he choice is yours/his. It is no use just trying to change the hub. You'll have to put new spokes in as well, not just because different hubs require diffent length spokes, but once spokes are disturbed in their position they should not be used again.

And since you're now putting in new spokes on a new hub, why bother with the old rim that may turn out to be not robust enough and then in replacing it, your only choice is another lightweight rim not up to the job.

Build a new wheel and be done with it.

is nie seker nie. 'n pel van my ry 'n tandem agterwiel op sy titanium fiets.  oor die fyner detail kan ek nie help nie - dit werk wel vir hom.

Tandem wiele is 145mm wyd oor die twee locknuts. Padfiets wiele is 130mm wyd. Die enigste manier wat jy 'n tandem wiel daar gaan indruk is om die raam oop te buig en die dropouts weer parallel te buig.

Dis nie 'n goeie idee nie.

Verder, tandem wiele is nie die oplossing nie. 'n Goed geboude padfietswiel is die oplossing.