Insurance

Bellscycling

Hi everyone,

Where would you reccomend insuring your bicycle?

How much does it usually cost for bikes costing R25000 +?

What does it cover?

Gawenator2009-03-04 04:57:36

I've got my bike insured at Outsurance. Paying about R100 for R19 000. They don't insure your bike during races though. Don't think think any of them do. If they do, you will pay a fortune on your bike.

Found this for what cyclesure covers:

Cover includes:

All Risks cover to bicycles and accessories based on replacement value.

Cover for incidents like theft, hijacking, damage incurred during transit or while training.

Cover while participating in international events, national events, provincial events,
club events, or time trails.

Personal Legal Liability of R1 000 000-00.

Try your current car/household insurance.I pay around R125,this is for 17k bike, gps(non cycling),daughters ipod and 2.5k mountainbike.I have had 2 claims in the past ,one for wheels and one for the frame,insurance just asked for a quote and deposited money straight into my account within a week,didnt even appoint an assessor in both cases.From posts on the forum it seems alot less hassle than the dedicated bike insurance packages.

Annual premiums with Cyclesure / Pedalcare are around 6 - 7% of the insured value.

I've just  updated my insured values today.

Outsurance has a policy called out&about.I insured my bikes with them and they definately cover damages/writeoffs in a race.I have just confirmed this again with them.I am paying R330.00 for two bikes total value R40K, with an excess of R250.00.   

Outsurance has a policy called out&about.I insured my bikes with them and they definately cover damages/writeoffs in a race.  

did you ask them about the cubbyhole?

I can recomend a pretty solid solution that covers insurance as well as identification of your bike

A RAVX product endorsed by cyclesure, call Kelly at ALL Business Risk o <?: PREFIX = SKYPE /> 011 425 6170 . I am sure she will be able to offer you something really good