Riding in Clarens?

Pundit

Hi

Going to be in the Clarens / surrounding areas for a long weekend from April 10th. Can anyone recommend road riding routes / groups in the area? Is the MTB'ing a better option?

Thanks

clarens to fouriesberg and back - an excellent ride with plenty of rolling hills (on the road)

Through the Reserve and up to Sterkfontein Dam ... and back ...  close on 200km

Or have the missus meet you at the restaurant 20km passed the dam ... 120km

Hey Pundit,

Have MTB'd in the area and it was great. You can do most of the Clarens cycle race route if you head out up the hill towards Bethlehem and then hang a right at the top and muck about on the district roads there. Also on the way to Golden Gate is a road to the right for a bunch of game farms and the Clarens Castle. That road heads straight for the Maluti's, with some excellant climbing and brilliant views.

There are also a bunch of 4X4 trails that are apparently available for riding. Perhaps some of the other hubbers have some ideas about these?

Hey Pundit' date='

Have MTB'd in the area and it was great. You can do most of the Clarens cycle race route if you head out up the hill towards Bethlehem and then hang a right at the top and muck about on the district roads there. Also on the way to Golden Gate is a road to the right for a bunch of game farms and the Clarens Castle. That road heads straight for the Maluti's, with some excellant climbing and brilliant views.

There are also a bunch of 4X4 trails that are apparently available for riding. Perhaps some of the other hubbers have some ideas about these?

[/quote']

Its called Rebellie. Rode it a few years back. The 4x4 track is quite a bit of fun and there is also a fairly rocky uphill where you can look over into Lesotho from the top (only done this on horseback). Google rebellie