Fritz Pienaar denies uncompetitive behaviour

Ralphk

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shame these little businesses are all a bunch of has been's.

Steve Meltzer and the other proper businesses would never go along with pienaar's stupid ideas.

brandon' date=' why would you cc steven on this?[/quote']

Holy Roller

I have posted Probike's reply for the sole reason that our company's name made an appearance on your forum as an attendee of the meeting and I do not intend to debate questions.

There was much lobbying before this meeting to get industry players to attend and the industry was well aware that Probike was dead against this meeting being held. Considerable pressure was placed on Probike to attend by a convener of the meeting.

I made a decision to record in an e mail our response to the minutes and wanted a witness to our opinion. Steven Meltzer is a friend who in my opinion is a respected businesman in the cycling industry by mostly all players.

There is no sinister reason that Steven Meltzer was on the cc of my e mail to Fritz Pienaar other than being a witness to our response to the minutes recieved via e mail by Dave Wyatt.

I trust that you respect my wish not to comment further and should I be called upon to comment on events leading up to, including and after this meeting by authorities I will do so.

Brandon

sorry, brandon, only saw this now. thanks for the response and clarification.

I tried both links to Fritz Pienaar's website in the email from Fritz Pienaar above.Funny think is the URL is not found. Either the link is broken or the page has been removed.

Funny if it were removed. The innocent have nothing to hide.

the link became inactive soon after the minutes were posted here.

the whole thing is stupid and couldnt possibly work. there are LOTS of LARGE bike retailers in the cape who didnt attend or possibly even know about the meeting.

wouldnt it seem a little odd that the capes prices were totally different from JHB prices?

cheaper or more expensive?

should all start our own shop' date=' as a bicycle co-op and screw the whole lot of them.[/quote']

where are you gonna get your stock from? The distributors will not supply you if you do not sell at the price they tell you to.

i agree within reason, collusion is not something to be taken lightly. And the big distributors will not entertain this anti-competitive practice either.

Coolheat and Probike will definitely supply. That is surely were most of the stock comes from, or did come from when i was in the industry.

this discussion is really going nowhere. the competition commission has intervened and the matter is now being handled. guys, i'm sure there are quite a few hubbers who think this has discussion has gone on way too long, and is now just a vehicle for mud-slinging and baseless accusations. i, for one, would like to tone things down until the commission makes its finding.

this discussion is really going nowhere. the competition commission has intervened and the matter is now being handled. guys' date=' i'm sure there are quite a few hubbers who think this has discussion has gone on way too long, and is now just a vehicle for mud-slinging and baseless accusations. i, for one, would like to tone things down until the commission makes its finding. [/quote']

agree, post some half naked women.

Funny that

Brandon only sent the email to FP after the issue came to light on the Hub.

From my understanding this was not his view before it was discussed on the hub.

Sorry to say

that Brandon (Probike) is not as honorable as he makes himself out to be. Look

at the email below that he send to another competitor after they did a price /

spec comparison on numerous brands in the industry. I am aware of other similar

threats on numerous other suppliers. Talk about anti-competitive!

Sent: 03 November 2008 09:09 AM

To: zoon@silverback.co.za

Cc: 'Dave Wyatt'

Subject: FW: Key Model Comparison 2009 V1 from Silverback

Please ask

our permission before you send out info like this in future. Probike has the

capitalization and financial resources to wipe out your company today by

selling every model you do below our cost and to import 5 times the volume you

do. Would you like me to do that?

I can

amend our pricing and issue the comparative charts and pricing today to all

dealers. You are looking for attention from Probike that you really do not