Govt to hand out million bikes

epoh

lol Saffa G!

You can see who listens to Katie Melua.Smile

hehe - after hearing the song like a 1000 times i caught up on the bicycle part.LOLEmbarrassed
nellie2007-02-23 06:01:32

lol Saffa G!

You can see who listens to Katie Melua.Smile

hehe - after hearing the song like a 1000 times i caught up on the bicycle part.LOLEmbarrassed

NO, how can you miss the part of the bicycles?Big%20smile

Hi Epoh last year at the Shova we started a cycling club and as we were concerned that they would need to have some sort of bike Maintenance we asked the local Amakosi to select 10 young guys that would be interested in doing a Bike Mechanics course - last year Weldtech came to the Valley for 3 full days just before the race in October and taught these guys - i was hoping that they would get involved in on route neutral service at the race - but they all wanted to ride our 40km ride from Hillcrest!! - so bang went that idea!! These kds just loved cycling and when I saw them on the road I nearly died as they rode with absolutely NO road sense or awareness of cars, pedestirals, street signs etc. etc.

As a result of this we have ear marked an area at Inchanga and I have approched, businesses to be partners with the Amashova in our social responsibiltiy programme and help us build a cycle Road safety park.  This has been welcomed with open arms and we already have an asphalt suppplier, ground leveling, concrete fence supplier, rural toilet installer, trees and grass from a local nursary.  The RTI in PMB and DBN are delighted and will use the park to train all local schools in KZN  - this is a self sustaining project that will hopefully prepare all road users - particularly cyclists for the future. Will keep you in the picture as things develop!