HRM which one

kevin

Why do so many want to use a HRM at the gym' date=' is it for the gym bikes and treadmills or ....?

[/quote']

Spinning bikes dont have such fancy things.

Why do so many want to use a HRM at the gym' date=' is it for the gym bikes and treadmills or ....?

[/quote']

Some (mine Big%20smile) spinning bike has got HR and a bladdy little yellow thing called power tap nogal...Anyway Scotty what i'm trying to figure out is why Captslow, samajoorswiff use a hrm at gym, perhaps if they spin??

[/quote']

Some (mine Big%20smile) spinning bike has got HR and a bladdy little yellow thing called power tap nogal...Anyway Scotty what i'm trying to figure out is why Captslow, samajoorswiff use a hrm at gym, perhaps if they spin??

Tweety's training program has her working out in certain heartrate zones...  

Wot's a vitality point?

Its a point from discovery vitality - its like a benefits scheme for making healthy choices. Discounts, cashback rebates from PnP, cheaper flights etc....

https://www.discovery.co.za/index_login.jhtml?p_brand_css=/StyleSheets/screen_vitality.css&p_content=/content/view_content.jhtml&p_template=1&p_alias=indv_discovery_vitality&p_path=what_is_vitality/what_is_vitality.xml

The Garmin Forerunner 50 HR costs around R1100 and seems to come with complete recording and download features. I believe it would be the cheapest option if you want to be able to analyse details of your training, rather than just the summaries you get on cheaper Polar models.

It doesn't have a GPS receiver, but you can use it with the Garmin speed/cadence sensor (R800).

You just need to make sure you use third-party software, such as Sporttracks (free), instead of the k*k Garmin Training Center software.

For reference, a Polar S725X will cost around R3000 from eBay or Totalcycling.

I had an RS200 which was great for HR monitoring. Mainly for running though. As I spent most of my time on a bike and taking price into consideration, I got a CS300. Very happy indeed, does all my cycling needs and still does the running HR monitoring as well. Cadence meter can be used with CS300 as well.

If you on Discovery then Polar is no brainer cause of Vitality.

The Garmin Forerunner 50 HR costs around R1100 and seems to come with complete recording and download features. I believe it would be the cheapest option if you want to be able to analyse details of your training' date=' rather than just the summaries you get on cheaper Polar models.

It doesn't have a GPS receiver, but you can use it with the Garmin speed/cadence sensor (R800).

You just need to make sure you use third-party software, such as Sporttracks (free), instead of the k*k Garmin Training Center software.

For reference, a Polar S725X will cost around R3000 from eBay or Totalcycling.

[/quote']

Thats what i've got. Paid about R700 from Kalahari and bought the cadence sensor seperately. Just wanted a simple device that is easy to download to PC. Does its job really well.

!!! HI JACK ON :

whats the price for the polar cs600 without power, only HR and cadence ??

HI JACK OFF !!!

The Blackburn Delphi 6 does all of that, includes HR, wireless cadence & speed functions (and the shpongles to make them work), together with downloadability as well. All for around R1,200 depending on where you go.

I'm going to get myself one of those shortly. It's bike specific though... the only drawback.

cptmayhem2009-03-27 13:30:12