Ronelle

Grantc

(i'll just carry on talking to myself here ....)

It seems to me that GrantC and his LBS are contributing TWO bikes to Kevin and the kids from Herbertsdale...

This is from an earlier PM:

FYI - they couldn't get any decent parts from the bits & bobs they had lying around. G*** (owner) got hold of a mate of his who had a old cannondale lying around at home and suggested that we send that down. Poroblem was that the cannondale was a 52 so would b too big. They stripped it down and have put all the component on the giant that is on its way to you. As it was a development bike they did not charge me any labour

GrantC --- you are a man, like Kevin, willing to make a difference, willing to get involved... You leave me speechless. But with such hope.

(And it all started, with one funny chirp from one of the local children while GrantC was out training for the Epic a year or 2 ago .. but he can tell that story..)

FYI - they couldn't get any decent parts from the bits & bobs they had lying around. G*** (owner) got hold of a mate of his who had a old cannondale lying around at home and suggested that we send that down. Poroblem was that the cannondale was a 52 so would b too big. They stripped it down and have put all the component on the giant that is on its way to you. As it was a development bike they did not charge me any labour

Why not mention the shops name, they deserve some exposure. Clap

ronelle resting up in pe for IM on sunday. Both bikes should be in da nova by now

I think you posted this at the same time I got an sms from 'Da Nova' to say the bikes arrived!! So they're there safely!! I'll post a pic of the little one who is going to ride that XS Giant (quite a contradiction in terms there!) ASAP!!

Thanks again GrantC -- and here's hoping that you have an excellent IM!!

Ronelle2009-04-03 07:16:52