Geard Malmesbury 04Apr09

THE BODY CENTRE

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning photos as always Ronelle.Clap

FanD did you do the long route in the MTB race?

it looks like it but i'm so out of shape that i looked like that after the 35km route. I've done a couple of mtb races before, but this was undoubtedly the hardest race i've ever done. The climbing in the beginning was ridiculous.

either that or i'm REALLY unfit (i think its actually the latter)

That one climb next to the vineyards is a hectic one.

all the climbs in the first half of the race were hectic. the 2nd half wasnt too bad, but by then I was poked.

According to losingtime and my calculations I should get 3rd or 4th out of timed riders.

now if only losingtime would add my time to the list, it would be great

Some teams - Daikin - with reason to celebrate

20090404_082323_0D2E6643-1.JPG

20090404_082423_0D2E6736-1.JPG

20090404_082512_0D2E6771-1.JPG

CITY (remember about their race on the 18th)

Cycles Direct

20090404_082604_0D2E6788-2.JPG

And the ThinkBike guys Tongue

20090404_082647_0D2E6730.JPG
Ronelle2009-04-04 08:27:27

Classic!!! So BMCFan - how much to keep this away from your better half???

... pic thread' date=' ok?

[

and BMCFan lecturing on post race nutrition

20090404_075044_0D2E6813.JPG"
[/quote] smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

The white line rule being adhered to? 3 photos with riders on the wrong side of the white line. Just asking what the PPA  rules are there for.

What about a Z rider going over the line? One set of rules for the fast guys/girls and another set of rules for the rest?

The same rules are applied to everyone. And I want to echo Ronelle's statement - its the effectiveness thereof - thanks RonelleWink

Do you want the white line rule applied to the absolute complete written letter???  If so, I can tell you that there will be a helluva lot of sad faces after the race when practically half the field in all groups will be DQ'ed for momentary transgressions.

We act in the interests of safety first and foremost. Secondly, to apply the rules as set by the PPA

Everyone is out there to enjoy their ride. You make it easier for us if you live within the rules. No-one likes playing policeman!

I must add that since the involvement of the motorbike marshals, I have seen a marked improvement in the behaviour of riders - so much so that we now seldom have to add a number to our list

And yes, I am one of those marshalsSmile

Thanks for the photos RonelleClap

And how it should be:

20090405_104314_n1147886727_301.jpg

The white line rule being adhered to? 3 photos with riders on the wrong side of the white line. Just asking what the PPA  rules are there for.

What about a Z rider going over the line? One set of rules for the fast guys/girls and another set of rules for the rest?

The same rules are applied to everyone. And I want to echo Ronelle's statement - its the effectiveness thereof - thanks RonelleWink

Do you want the white line rule applied to the absolute complete written letter???  If so' date=' I can tell you that there will be a helluva lot of sad faces after the race when practically half the field in all groups will be DQ'ed for momentary transgressions.

We act in the interests of safety first and foremost. Secondly, to apply the rules as set by the PPA

Everyone is out there to enjoy their ride. You make it easier for us if you live within the rules. No-one likes playing policeman!

I must add that since the involvement of the motorbike marshals, I have seen a marked improvement in the behaviour of riders - so much so that we now seldom have to add a number to our list

And yes, I am one of those marshalsSmile

Thanks for the photos RonelleClap

And how it should be:

20090405_104314_n1147886727_301.jpg

[/quote']

Rules are rules and the safety needs to be enforced whether we like it or not. I simply asked but seeing that you feel to point out te me about the rules why not enforce them?

what do you care what us roadies do....stick to the vineyards and dust,mind the sh*t...and keep empty gel packs in u r back pocket (can kill livestock)for the dustbin!Dont want to upset a farmer and cnl the next event, or do so, then you got something to bitch and moan about on the hub again..... V

what do you care what us roadies do....stick to the vineyards and dust' date='mind the sh*t...and keep empty gel packs in u r back pocket (can kill livestock)for the dustbin!Dont want to upset a farmer and cnl the next event, or do so, then you got something to bitch and moan about on the hub again..... V

[/quote']

For a well respected roadie that is a fantastic statement. Like I stated in my post I was just interested if the rules are the same for all the riders.