Mountain Biking Clubs

woodee

Hi All

I am looking to find out about the various mountain biking groups in the Sandton/fourways/lonehill/Bryanston area.

I go for weekend rides with mates of mine and am looking for some more structured rides of various difficulties.

My fiance is also getting into riding and needs to be able to join up with some more entry level to intermediate rides, as she can't always be expected to keep it going with all the guys.

Please let me know what the options are, and what it means in terms of joining/membership/costs etc.

I'd like to start doing a lot more races and sometimes battle to find out about them without either searching on here or entrytime etc, so am assuming a club would be the right way to go as they'd be in the know?

Thanks in anticipation...

Woodee

Trailriding does social rides. Not super long race-snake type of stuff, but generally more fun. You can join the rides for free, members get free skills clinics and a few more perks.

www.trailriding.co.za

There's also Cycle Lab SuperCycling club. They have rides for all levels of MTB'ers on Saturdays including a beginners clinic at MTN Cycle Park. There's also a lot of perks with this club. Check it out should you be interested.

Charvel2009-04-09 12:26:49

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you and your mates are more than welcome to join the Midrand Country Cyclists (MCC).

We ride from the Midrand Mug & Bean every Saturday starting at 06h30. We cater for all levels and the route varies every week.

The crowd is very outgoing and sociable and makes fora great riding vibe. Give us a bash.

You can call me on 082 608 0122 or email me at wayneb@cdt.co.za and I will add you to the weekly diary.

Have a good week from DEADWOOD.Smile

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Woodee, the guys from Fritz Pienaar Paulshof on Witkoppen drive do weekend rides. They also do weekday rides for the more advanced rider. I usually join them on the weekends. We either do a loop through Belleau (?) or go up the spruit to Emmerentia. They cater for all levels (although predominantly male). Check their contact details at http://www.fritzpienaarcycles.com

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Midrand Country Cyclists ride from Carlswald Lifestyle Centre Mugg and Bean in Midrand on Saturdays. A nice range of groups from hardcore to  social.

www.mccycle.co.za