Willehond's new ride!

Willehond

WH' date=' what gear ratios you used?

You expressed a need for compact couple of months ago?

[/quote']

Yes, I should have gone compact, but my ego got the better of me.  I got a normal 46/53 with a sensible 11-26 at the back.  The 26 helps a lot with the climbing and if I ever venture towards the Ardennes (or the Alps), I might even get a 27 tooth granny!

The sensible thing would have been to get a compact, but it's Holland and it's flat.  Get a compact if you are thinking of going to Belgium or Europe and love your knees.  Unlike SA, the climbs here justify the easier gears.

Same here with the ego Embarrassed, but my 39*23 hurts a bit on this Gallic country roads that go straight over the "bumps" and thinking about alternatives that dont include less GuinessOuch

Ooops, I meant 53/39, not 53/46!  I used to have a 39-25 as my best spinning option, but adding just one extra tooth for a 39-26 makes a big difference.  Chuck on a 27 and you don't need a compact!

Seeing that you're older than me you could always go for a trippleWink

LOL funny bliksem Angry Wink

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wh

Did you ever get that headset cap sorted?Is it meant to be open like that?

Yes, it is meant to be open!  I just have be carful when I lift the bike upright after a rainy session, because water pours out of the headset!  All that extra weight....