light housing for tripple cree light

thysmeades

hi guys, I am looking for anybody who can help with a suitable housing for a diy light. For those that have found where to get these, it's probably top secret as they are now selling them, but I promise not to move in on your market. I just want one housing to do a diy light. I am wanting to use a 3 cree lens which is 48.16mm in dia and need the end cap to close the back off. lets see if there is anybody out there who can assist.

Thanks

thys

Howdy

First post ever.

My solution for my own triple cree (51mm dia) was to visit Builders with components & ruler in hand. For a one-off build that still looks semi- decent I bought a Mag-lite knock off. The components fit in the head perfectly, you saw down the aluminium flashlite barrel to suit your switch installation ( and heat sink area calculations ). You can use either the aluminium end cap as original, or I used the plastic internal cap from the light mechanism. Slightly fuzzy picture attached and happy building.

20090429_131043_small.jpg

Howdy all

Quick question for all- does PM allow pictures to be embedded - I fear not ?

Pic for Thys on component level assembly & switch on end plate. The red monstrosity at the end of the battery lead was a red herring atempt at a quick release connection and has since been tossed. Will upgrade to cellphone charge type jack plugs - hopefuly much better.  20090430_130356_small_component.jpg