Spinning ?

depends on how you do it. spinning classes are better than nothing, but arent specifically tailored to your needs.

get a program and do intervals on a spin bike @ gym. till you puke.

that'll more or less make you strong

It is good training.

But try to use a HR monitor if you can.

In that way you can follow the class, but you will be able to monitor how hard you are actually working.

In spinning classes, I really really struggle to lift my HR very high. The highest I have ever managed to get at gym was 185 I think. But out on the road I got my HR to 200 in a sprint.

Normally in a spinning class I will normally struggle to get above 165 but on the road I am comfortable above 170+

Very weird how it works!

You can also do two spinning classes back to back if you need some more T I T S smiley36.gif

80% of my training is in the spinning class and the rest on the road it is boring doing more than 3hours in the class. I am optimistic to say that you can go to a 10 seeding index by spinning lower than that you need to get more on the road.

Do spinning classes back to back. If your HR% does not get to 90% you need to increase the resistance while maintaining a 80rpm cadence.