Mounties VS Roudies ???

Mad Dog

I think this whole roadie versus mtb thing is bizarre. Its all bicycles.

Perhaps we could start insulting people with soft tails, bunch of bloody moffies. Or what about disc brakes, I heard that people that use disc brakes have no forearm muscles and live with their moms.

Worry about yourself, your own skills levels and fitness. Some people are so narrow minded that they can look through a keyhole with both eyes at the same time.

Shocked Spud2009-05-18 07:16:37

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the Roadies in my area are rude A#*holes who never greet Angry 

We must be from the same territory !!!ClapClapLOLLOLThumbs%20Up<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

you get some real stupid people....yesterday I waved to a guy across the street...he did not wave back...WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. I was driving in my car and i waved @ everyone else driving a car' date=' and almost no-one waved at me.

Shees they are idiots
[/quote']

You should move to Clarens. Smile

I do not greet any roadies since I do not see any roadies since I do not hang-out at coffee shops smiley2.gif

This whole greeting thing is a load of crap.  If you want to greet someone then do so - don't expect a response and don't be offended if you don't get one.  I don't think any of the three groups mentioned (roadies' date=' MTBers, runners) are more/less friendly, nor does one or the other greet any more frequently.  Runners seldom greet cyclists of any description, because cyclists generally ride too close to them and they are too busy feeling uncomfortable - plus there is no kinship.  Either way, the only time I take offense is when someone gets offensive for lack of greeting.  I sometimes greet, but it is not a consistent thing, when I am on my MTB or when I am running or on the road.  BTW - if you are riding your MTB on the road then it is a road bike, it only becomes an MTB if you use the footpaths or trails.[/quote']

well said.

so, any bets on how long it takes for this stupid topic to pop up AGAIN?

I see plenty of cyclist's. I love them all.

There is not a bike I don't feel conected to somehow.

''My wife call's me obsessed" I call it fixated...

I think this whole roadie versus mtb thing is bizarre. Its all bicycles.

Perhaps we could start insulting people with soft tails' date=' bunch of bloody moffies. Or what about disc brakes, I heard that people that use disc brakes have no forearm muscles and live with their moms.

[/quote']

hahaha happymartin you can insult my beautiful extremely fun big-grin softtail with disk brakes all you want - ill still love it as much as i do :)

cat-i2009-05-24 13:06:38

I do not greet any roadies since I do not see any roadies since I do not hang-out at coffee shops smiley2.gif

Clap

Already 9 pages! Read post of cyclist that died this morning after being hit by a car, then I suppose it doesn't matter what bike she was on. We all unite in anger.

I have noticed 3 groups!

1-Mounties

2-Roadies

3-Try-athletes

Mounties(even on their road bikes)will allways greet with a smile and a waveThumbs%20Up

Roadies will turn their heads and knod in aknoledgement of your presance

on their roadStern%20Smile

Try-athletes are far too good to great meer mortalsThumbs%20Down

Already 9 pages! Read post of cyclist that died this morning after being hit by a car' date=' then I suppose it doesn't matter what bike she was on. We all unite in anger.[/quote'] Before you get too angry, it seems as though it may not have been the drivers fault after all, go and read the thread..........nonetheless very sad and tragic.

Already 9 pages! Read post of cyclist that died this morning after being hit by a car' date=' then I suppose it doesn't matter what bike she was on. We all unite in anger.[/quote'] Before you get too angry, it seems as though it may not have been the drivers fault after all, go and read the thread..........nonetheless very sad and tragic.

Sad indeed!!!! We are ONE sport so greet each other like it?s your last day on the planet. Even if it?s just a smile !! I WILL greet everyone with a smile today !!

JUST for you KIM !!

SmileSmileSmileBig%20smileSmileSmileSmile

to me it dont matter who you are roadie / mtbiker /no matter as long as you are on a bike wiff two wheels wind on your face enjoying the outdoors like the other guy or girl just greet be curtious it takes nothing to wave or smile and those that dont greet have a problem with themselves oneday they will wakeup and see the light !!!! i even greet the cyclist when i am in my car Big%20smileBig%20smile i am so envious when they are riding and i must be in the car CryCry neway this us them is a load of Cr@p cos i ride my bicycle no matter what !!!

and i would like to share this email i received the other day !!!! ok its afrikaans but someone can translate :

Wees dankbaar vir wat jy

het.

Wees lief vir jou gesin en familie .

Moenie toelaat dat jou brein muf

nie!

Moenie op loop gaan met

skuldgevoelens nie. Sort die *** uit

Lewe terwyl jy nog lewe

het

Geniet die eenvoudige dinge. Die

?image goed? is ?n pot snot

Eet wat jy wil , *** ?diet?  As jy

gewig moet verloor vreet minder en *** meer .

Vermy bedompige gyms wat stink na 

Juppy aftershave en duur walglike  soet parfuum (om die sweet ruik te verbloem),

waar perverts, saadsokkies en hooterneuse in snaakse ?futuristic outfits?

uithang en soos  hamsters gemonteerde fietse sit en trap. Jy hoef niemand te

?impress? nie.(*** die  ?ek ga?an gym toe ? s?-ding). As jy moet oefening kry,

ry ?n gewone fiets, gaan stap langs die see of in die veld,- doen iets in die

buitelug.

Moet net nie in die strate op en af

draf nie, dis ?common?.

As jy hou van ?n ?no- brand?  

T-Shirt, kledingstuk  of wat ook al , koop die ding  en *** die name goed wat jy

in elk geval nie kan bekostig nie ? solank jy gemaklik is

daarmee. Stront met di? wat dink hulle is beter as ander en gedurig lyk of hulle

*** ruik omdat jy nie by hulle siek ?plastic? w?reld wil inpas nie 

Wees wingat oor jou huis, dit

behoort aan jou, die bank se moer.  

Wees windgat oor jou kar hy?s klaar

betaal en *** di?  wat in moerse  karre ry en nie kan bekostig om ordentlik

te braai nie   

Lag dikwels, lag lank en

lekker. 

Behou jou grapgat vrinne *** die

suurgatte, hulle trek jou onder.

As jy 'n pel het wat lekker  kan stront

praat,spandeer meer tyd saam met haar/hom.

Omring jouself met dit waaroor jy

mal is, Of dit nou pelle, familie, diere, sentimentele junk, musiek of wat ook

al. Jou huis is jou plek, *** die wat hulle neuse daarvoor optrek. Kanse is dat

hulle in elke geval ?n klomp kakke is, raak ontslae van

hulle

As jy wil drink, drink, moet dit net

nie oordoen nie. Getrek is oraait  maar dronk mense is ******

stupid.

S? vir jou mense dat jy vir hulle lief is,dat jy vir

hulle omgee, m?re trek jy dalk jou hout-jas aan, dan's dit te

laat!

Sad indeed!!!! We are ONE sport so greet each other like it?s your last day on the planet. Even if it?s just a smile !! I WILL greet everyone with a smile today !!

JUST for you KIM !!

SmileSmileSmileBig%20smileSmileSmileSmile

Hmmmm Mad Dog, good attitude. I suppose after puncture number 5 you realized that today it is your turn to be the statueLOLLOL 

Realizing that just makes everything so much easier to deal withConfused