Polar S725x - Transmitter Question

Cois

Hi there.

Okay. So everyone told me that the Polar 725x is THE HRM to get. One question. Does it have a user replacable bat or must I send it to polar to change this as well. Any help will help.

(This is the strap around the chest only and not the watch)

Many thanks

The new polar chest straps are quite a bit nicer than the old ones. One of the modifications is that you can replace the battery yourself. Have not done so yet but there is a screw off 'cap' on the back so seems easy enough.

Oh ja, the S720i is a great watch so I think it is safe to assume that the next one up is even better!

Thanks Craven

This will help a lot in making a choice.

Regards

Vanwa Mordo

As Craven says replacing the battery is easy.  Do yourself a favour and buy a couple spare CR2025 batteries (these fit the chest strap).  They only cost R15 at Game, and last about six months with everyday use (probably around 200-250 hours).

The watch battery remains replaceable by Polar only (IHF Distributors), and usually lasts around 18 months to 2 years or so.

I have a 520 polar. What are the signs that you're battery is fading? I'm getting some readings that are out (not the normal 220 though) especially when I stand.

Is this normal?