HD PVR

Pro-Funrider

I got my new HD PVR installed just yesterday, and WOW WOW WOW! Flippen amazing picture on that thing.

The only this is, ist's flippen pricey! You need this box and that box and this cables and and and....?

But I feel it wourth it, Record 2 channels whiles wacthing another. Sweet

I also love mine,nice being able to record stuff and watch it later.

I did the installation myself,witch helped with keeping the cost low.

Very cool' date=' are you using an HD compatible or Full HD screen ?[/quote']

Have 2 tv's at home,one full HD one HD compatible.No difs in picture between the two.Mnet HD is broadcast in 720p anyway so full hd tv is useless unless you watch a lot of bluray.

Sweet! I'm thinking of getting HD PVR. Got a Toshiba 42" Full HD tv 2 days ago and wanted to know if there is a difference in picture quality with a HD decoder compared to a normal PVR decoder? Please let me know...

...nice being able to record stuff and watch it later.

that is called a video casette recorder. It came out a few years ago. Don't know if you can still get them due tho their popularity.

Very cool' date=' are you using an HD compatible or Full HD screen ?[/quote']

?

Have 2 tv's at home,one full HD one HD compatible.No difs in picture between the two.Mnet HD is broadcast in 720p anyway so full hd tv is useless unless you watch a lot of bluray.

True , but then you watch a blu-ray movie and there is a vast difference between 1080i and 1080p.

Mampara

Video recorders need their times to be set, need VHS cassettes etc.etc.etc. get with the time bru smiley2.gif

Hard drive is the way of today.

Sweet! I'm thinking of getting HD PVR. Got a Toshiba 42" Full HD tv 2 days ago and wanted to know if there is a difference in picture quality with a HD decoder compared to a normal PVR decoder? Please let me know...

Yes there is a huge difference. They want to make more and more channels HD later on.

Sweet! I'm thinking of getting HD PVR. Got a Toshiba 42" Full HD tv 2 days ago and wanted to know if there is a difference in picture quality?with a?HD decoder compared to a normal PVR decoder? Please let me know...

Yes on one channel only.

Anyone know if it's possible to upgrade standard single view DSTV box to a PVR one, and if so what's it cost???

My poor wording...

What I mean is how much does a standard def PVR decoder cost (if there is such a thing)?

I have one standard DSTV decoder at present, though would

a) like to be able to transmit signal to another room i/e 2nd TV set.

b) record programs