Night ride Northern Pretoria

jacostrydom

Any hubbers interested in a weekly or bi-weekly night ride in the northern side of Pretoria?

We will ride in the area around the Roodeplaat Dam (North East - Montana/Kameeldrift).

Let me know

I was thinking Wednesdays eve around 17h30 to 18h00 for about 2 to 3 hours. We can start from my plot. Plenty safe parking and we do not have to negotiate tar roads.

Did it last year in winter, started from Doorpoort, out on the warmbad road, right at the railroad road, to eventualy reach moloto road, then Karstens and back along zambesi, almost 2 hours ride.

There are a couple of more interesting options. So we can vary it a bit from time to time. (about 4 distinct options with minor variations)

Tonight might be good time to kick off and see. Let me know and I will give you directions. KonaFan, I have sent you a PM.

Right, date for the first ride is 26 June (17h45 for 18h00)

Directions:

Get to the Zambesi N1 Crossing.

Follow Zambesi in a Eastern direction for 1.5 km from the Highway

Turn left at the robot on the Moloto/Kwamhlange road.

Follow it for 5 km until thr spioenkop turnoff left.

Follow this road (becomes gravel) for 3 km

Look out for Plot 776 (strydom, Groep 7 Drukkers) on the left.

call me if you get lost

082 4 double 6 27 double 5

There is a well established ride every Thursday night from the Irene Village mall. Group is called Dark and Dirty and they've been riding every Thurs for 4 years

My riding partner and I know this area very well, spending many hours training in the area, have you any new routes? Cannot join you tonite I'm down with a bug, but will join you in the future weeks, perhaps you can show us some new routesWink  

There is a well established ride every Thursday night from the Irene Village mall. Group is called Dark and Dirty and they've been riding every Thurs for 4 years

I have joined HARDY and his group in the past, but the trek from the north to the south is a nightmare at the moment. We do not want to compete, but merely have an opportunity for the guys and girls in the north to also experience a bit of dark and dirty.

Pom1, hope you and your wife get better soon. Speak to you when I get back from Ride2Rhodes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am back from an amazing ride in the Drakensberg. Hope you will join in on Friday

Date for the ride is 26 June (17h45 for 18h00)

Directions:

Get to the Zambesi N1 Crossing.

Follow Zambesi in a Eastern direction for 1.5 km from the Highway

Turn left at the robot on the Moloto/Kwamahlanga road.

Follow it for 5 km until the Spioenkop turnoff left.

Follow this road (becomes gravel) for 3 km

Look out for Plot 776 (Strydom, Groep 7 Drukkers) on the left.

call me if you get lost

082 4 double 6 27 double 5

We had a lovely ride on friday night. All three of us. 33km in 2 hrs. Will do so again on wednesday night and friday night. I will post detail here.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow night there is definitely a 2 -2.5hr ride from about 17h30, and Friday night is open for debate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MichH - Where exactly do you meet at the IV Mall, What time is this ride, How far do you go and can anyone join?