cervelo vs specialized

HOPC

hi guys

looking at buying a new frame...Wink

i have in mind the cervelo R3SL or the specialized SL2

which one do you guys reccomend and y?Smile

I rode a Specialized tarmac pro and Cervelo (Soloist though) and decided on the Specialized as it was way more comfortable. The Cervelo vibrated and was a tiring ride on rough tar. Both very quick and stiff otherwise. Good luck!

rahter save ur cash on the R3 and buy a soloist, its a much better bike, not much heavier, alot stiffer and more areo. thats just my thoughts, have managed to ride a R3 and have a soloist great bikes. yes the soloist is a v v stiff ride almost uncomfortable but ul get used to it soon.

thanks for the replies so far... but will the R3sl be a better climbing frame than the soloist and if so, by alot?Smile

The Tarmac is stiff and comfortable, I have the PRO SL, it is the most incredible roadbike I have ever owned.

The Tarmac is stiff and comfortable' date=' I have the PRO SL, it is the most incredible roadbike I have ever owned.[/quote']

And Summit has had a few!

k lets just say  had to go with cervelo... would it be worth it to buy the R3sl over the R3? price diffrence is about 8000

From what I have heard the specialized have custom (expensive) and unreliable crank bearings not compatible with Campag or Shimano and the rear chainstay does not like deep dish rims (zip 808's). Tom Boonen went through 3 frames before they got it right for him. Then again the rear of the cervelo R3SL is too hard for others.

Why dont Specialized have a R&D team like the Cervelo test team ?

I would personally take the new Cervelo S2.

[QUOTE=Nish4]From what I have heard the specialized have custom (expensive) and unreliable crank bearings not compatible with Campag or Shimano and the rear chainstay does not like deep dish rims (zip 808's). Tom Boonen went through 3 frames before they got it right for him. Then again the rear of the cervelo R3SL is too hard for others.

Why dont Specialized have a R&D team like the Cervelo test team ?

I would personally take the new Cervelo S2.

I think you heard wrong. Have not had a single problem with mine. If you do not want the crank do not buy the module frame but rather the frame only.

The cervelo if you into posing... but the spez for performance.

If cervelo, go with the soloist carbon... heard thats an awesome bike. This is SA, you dont need a climbing frame as the soloist can weigh 6.8kgs if built right