Fox forks require more maintenance?

Konaman

Three of my MTB mates have had to send in their Fox forks lately. All are leaking oil and lost travel. Two of them are not even 4 months old. None of us do "heavy riding", just normal marathons and training. My Manitou R7,  I have had for 2 and half years, and it is still working like a new fork. My son's R Sid has been working 100% for 18 months. I know of a number of other people also complaining about their Fox forks that leaks oil.

My Fox fork was serviced for the first time 2 weeks ago. I bought my bike in September 2006. I have never had any problems with it. No oil leaks.

My mate bought a 2008 World cup Sid from Morning Cycles & it blew up after 1 ride!

I think its luck of the draw as I have heard many bad reports on all makes of shocks.

I have been ridding a Fox for 2 years now & had no problems.

I rode a World Cup Reba team last year for one month & sent it back cause it gave me so much sh*t!

Yep some Fox forks do tend to leak oil after a year or so, but the dealers say we ride to hard.

That is a "given" with fox shocks. Its wonderful on the ride but i honestly dont know a person (who HAD a fox) who has not complained about this. Hence they are all riding a sid now