New MTB helmet.....suggestions?

L.T.G

I'm thinking of getting a new helmet, just wanted a bit of feedback on what you guys are happy with (or not).

Been looking at the Bell Volt and Sweep, also the Specialized 2D.

prefer something with a visor, that detachable.

Thanks

The July edition of MBR has a group test on helmets.They rate the Bell Volt as 9 out of 10 while the Bell Slant gets 10. The Specialized 2D only gets 8.

The Giro Xen gets a 9. The Giro Xen and the Bell volt seem to be about the same price while the Bell Slant is about a third of the price of the Bell Volt.

Judging from their looks it seems to me to be a toss-up between the Bell Volt and the Giro Xen.

I have had about 3 Giro Helmets so would probably go for the Giro.

I haven't tried the other models you mention but the 2D is a beauty. The helmet shell doesn't sit on your head thanks to the inner adjustable sizing system & this means immense comfort & great airflow. They also have a removable visor. Oh, and it's light as a feather. Sorry I can't help with the other models.

If you're looking at that price range why not have a look at the Giro Ionos as well.

The Xen is a really decent lid how ever its aimed at the AM market while the ones L.T.G is on about are aimed at the XC/ XC Race markets.

Out of the Giro, Specialized and Bell I'd go for the Bell given that if you land on your nugget and smash your lid you can get a new one for 30% of the original retail price.

The Bell Influx also looks good

Bell Influx.

Think about the Giro Hex too.. http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/images/products/large2/InfluxRedBlackWhiteHero.gif
jagwil2009-06-06 07:58:04

The Giro Hex also looks pretty good.

Again a great lid but its also aimed at the AM market and is basically a cheaper version of the Xen.

http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/images/products/large2/VoltCreditAgricoleGreenAccess.gifBell Volt.

thanks guys.....

so far leaning towards the bolt..in white.

but just can't get how awesome the 2D looks out my head!!!!

All those u mentioned are top notch! As for my experience: I have the sweep as well as a giro atmos. I like them both. I find the bell to be a better fit but the giro to be better ventilated. I like the 2d as well and am thinking about getting 1. Its a difficult choice but the great thing is that u will have a great helmet no matter the choice

http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/images/products/large2/VoltSilverWhiteR.gifThis one but with the visor. Nice.

If its a case of heart vs. head then I reckon you are dead on. The Volt is the best value lid and again if you smash it up then you can replace it cheaply. For all out looks have one of these: Met's Kaos

20090606_081643_8353.jpg

That Met is pretty impressive.

I have a Giro E2 at the moment and I am very happy with it

If its a case of heart vs. head then I reckon you are dead on. The Volt is the best value lid and again if you smash it up then you can replace it cheaply. For all out looks have one of these: Met's Kaos

20090606_081643_8353.jpg

THAT is sooooooooo beautiful!!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Tongue

http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/images/products/large2/VoltSilverWhiteR.gifThis one but with the visor. Nice.

Thumbs%20Up super nice....

Yeah I knowCool now change your avatar to Chelsea, I'm sick of Man United winning all the timeLOL