Advive: SRAM X0 or X9

Oppie

Can anybody give me  advice.  Is it worth spending the extra money on SRAM X0 rather than X9 ie.  do you definetly get extra quality and function???

I feel that Xo groupset shifts better, I have a X9 RD, Shifter combo as well as a Xo RD and X9 shifter but the Xo shifter, RD combo just feels nicer.

If you willing to spend the extra bucks go for it.

if you are goin XO check the Hub for guys selling their stuff dirt cheap. Takes a while but the saving is worth the wait

I am not so sure that the XO's are worth that much extra. I recently bought both derailleurs and shifters (X9) from Solomons for about R1700 (new). A new XO rear derailleur costs much more than that. If you can get a good deal on second hand X0's, it might be worth it. New? No way!

Function? Don't be fooled by bling. X9's are good. The X0's might be a bit more smooth. But not R3000 smoother.

Depending on your budget of course...

I have both XO and X9 shifters and RD on my hardtail and full sus respectively. There is very little difference in weight and very little difference in shifting. While I will agree that X0 shifters are nicer than X9, unless you are racing at the sharp end of the field, you would be spending a lot more money for not a lot more performance.

I recently changed the Shimano from my wifes MTB to X7 - mainly because she wants to see what gear she is in (no I can't explain this), and that shifts pretty nicely too. It is really all about how much you can afford and of course the bling factor.

The X0 is very bling-bling.

Serendipity2009-06-10 21:33:26

If you racing i would go for x0, simply for weight and looks. but X9 will be more reliable. I've seen plenty X0 shifters fail.