Cannondale - CAAD 9 / 6.8Kg

101SCC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NiceClap

I had mixed feelings about the EC90SLX fork - on the positive side, mine was very light, but it did not feel stiff enough to my taste. Perhaps I was just too heavy for it at 70kgs.

Old Scalpel is just jealous that this CAAD9 Alu bike is almost lighter than his top of the range SuperSix with all the bells and wistles.....

Easy to explain - the frame weigh is not that far appart. As far as top end carbon frames go' date=' the Super6 HM is not light. I weighed a 56cm one last week, came in at 1120 grams.

(and the KCNC's still battle to bring him and his featherlight bike to a halt.....)

Hmmm, why would that be?

SOME FEEDBACK:

Rode the bike this weekend for around 4.5 hours. The bike is light (although I rode with Scirrocco Training wheels), feels super responsive climbing out of the saddle. Comfortable (can't blame the flite for lack of saddle time!). Will add some bar gel to the bars to help make it comfortable while cruising. Power (what little I have left) felt rewarded by good transfer to the wheels. Will ride it with Shamals when I'm back from CT next weekend and will let you guys know more.

Best news is no rattles or nasty noises, feels solid and secure.