KCNC poducts, usefull or just plain bling??

Zula

Hi All,

Im considering getting some of that KCNC stuff for my MTB steed. In paticular skewers, jockey wheels and a seat clamp. Is there any added benefit to the parts (Besides the possible 2 grams of weight) or is it all just bling???

Also is there anyone who had bad experiences with any of the components??

Feel free to mention anything u think id like to know.

Cheers

Brilliant stuff at a Reasonable Price,

Jockey Wheels don't last as long as Factory Fitted Stuff, but the skewers are brilliant and the seat clamp does what a seat clamp should do...

PM Scratch, he is super sold on KCNC stuff...

Functional bling. Thumbs%20Up

The jockey wheels may or may not last as long as the originals, but they are a tad cheaper.

They shouldn't, there's not much load on them as they're just idlers. They can be a bit noisy if you don't keep them well lubed though.

thanks droo,

noisier than the std shimano ones?? do they require extra TLC? I normally lube the current ones when i was the bike on ave once a week. that gonna suffice?

Nice looking stuff an if its cheaper why not - but original is probly better!

Surely there are geeks out there with lots of pertinent info but in my experience the guys who designed the stuff got it right, eventualy.

thanks droo' date='

noisier than the std shimano ones?? do they require extra TLC? I normally lube the current ones when i was the bike on ave once a week. that gonna suffice?

[/quote']

They're metal, so they will make a bit more noise. And once a week should be fine, just bear in mind they look cool, but don't last forever. But nothing does, except hangovers and friday afternoons at work.

Went to the LBS this afternoon and hooked up a KCNC set of skewers, a seat clamp and jockey wheels!! Bling Bling looks cool :)

I am building up my bling kit:

Red Jockey Wheels

red jockey wheel bolts

red chainring bolts

red bottle cage bolts

red casette lockring

Not going for headset or spacers or bar end plugs or bar ends though. The skewers seem a bit lightweight for my mtb.

I will hold out for some 2009 red Hopes.