cycle maintenance centre

CMC team

as all you hub readers are familiar with how this works you will all know rumours are often jucier than the reality. plenty of talk recently about the current economic climate and how it is affecting cycling shops. our teams head sponsor, CYCLE MAINTENANCE CENTRE, IS ALIVE AND KICKING. we have been assured by the great staff that make up their team that they are still being supported by their clients and are making a good fight in these recessionary times. most of you who support them will have noticed they have scaled down on their stockholding and have beefed up their service department. they are still in a position to supply you with whatever you need and reliable service with it.

The stories of them closing down are utter BS! 

I have been a client of CMC (Cycle Maintenance Centre) for more than 2 years and know all the staff extremely well.  I have received only excellent service from them over the last 2 years and recommended them to a number of people.  

Leon, Jaco , Chris, Snowy and Shawn (the cleaner) are extremely helpful and all have vast knowledge on all aspects of cycling including BMX bikes.  The hart of their business is servicing of bikes. They have one of the best setup workshops I have seen in Cape Town.

They are still the only shop I know of in the Northern Suburbs that is open on a Sunday from 1 till 5.

Contact the shop on 021 930 5656 for your next service  

Snoek2009-07-09 06:40:31

The stories of them closing down are utter BS! 

I have been a client of CMC (Cycle Maintenance Centre) for more than 2 years and know all the staff extremely well.  I have received only excellent service from them over the last 2 years and recommended them to a number of people.  

Leon, Jaco , Chris, Snowy and Shawn (the cleaner) are extremely helpful and all have vast knowledge on all aspects of cycling including BMX bikes.  The hart of their business is servicing of bikes. They have one of the best setup workshops I have seen in Cape Town.

They are still the only shop I know of in the Northern Suburbs that is open on a Sunday from 1 till 5.

Contact the shop on 021 930 5656 for your next service  

[/quote']

Yip - I second that !!! I've been shopping and servicing all my bikes with them since their days in Table View...

I've always received great, fast, friendly and knowledgeable service from Leon, Jaco and team !! Thumbs%20Up

I just saw on your website that you stock Rocky Mountain, that's good news, as I thought the only guys doing that is out in Somerset West and Franschoek.  I need to get my Formula Brakes, bled, and would prefer someone who knows it to do it.  Can you give me and idea of cost and how long it will take to do please?

Thanks

They are situated in Plattekloof. They are in the same complex as World Estate.

Sorry bud, it?s not my shop so I advise you to contact them on 021 930 5656 or mail Leon  @  leon@cyclemaintenancecentre.com

eish, see that they give good service, only problem I had with them was that I had a emergency to get my mtb fixed (front derailler came loose and I dunno how to reset it for proper shifting).

and they told me that I must make a appointment (for 2 days later).

So, maybe the workshop was just to full to help the same day,(understandable) but with that I also chucked away their telephone number popeye2009-07-09 07:22:05

Problem is that they do not phone you back as they say they will. When you are looking for a specific item and they are the stockist of said item it tends to leave a sour taste in your mouth if they do not let you know whether the item has arrived or not.

CMC are a good honest bunch that offer very good servicing & advice! I?ve been using them for almost 2 years & have never had any issues. Jaco & Leon have a good team to back them up. AND yes, they are still going strong!!!

Problem is that they do not phone you back as they say they will. When you are looking for a specific item and they are the stockist of said item it tends to leave a sour taste in your mouth if they do not let you know whether the item has arrived or not.

They can get quite busy, and can you imagine if you are talking to a salesperson and he says he has to go to call someone back and can't speak to you anymore?! I think then we'll see another post of bad service about the audacity of some sales people   smiley2.gif

Yours might have been an isolated incident, as they have almost always called me back, although I sometimes jump the gun a bit and call them before said time *grin*

My 2c is that I have always been very happy with them.

I've been using CMC for the last two years. Great service and it is essential to book. The great thing is them being open on a Sunday afternoon.

They can get quite busy, and can you imagine if you are talking to a salesperson and he says he has to go to call someone back and can't speak to you anymore?! I think then we'll see another post of bad service about the audacity of some sales people

A lot of shops don't call you back even though they say they will. Maybe they can't afford the telkom bill so they wait for the client to call them back.

Gotta be one of the best shops in the Cape. Probably the best most hounest workshop at least!

Props for CMC!