Greg Minnaar rides SRAM..... and .....

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

................He turned up at Sea Otter with a 10 speed cassette on his bike. Sooooo ten speeds are on their way, like it or not!!!?????

That 10-speed cassette apparently takes hours to machine and costs over $350... crazy.

10 spds for DH. Obviously not very practical. But to help turn your DH bike into a more everyday ride, maybe.

Guest Big H
10 spds for DH. Obviously not very practical. But to help turn your DH bike into a more everyday ride' date=' maybe. [/quote']

It works for that Greg fella..... isnt he some sort of champion???????

Last year Sauser rode the Cedarberg Escape with a middle and big blade only... and with a casette with a 36 on... maybe thats where the 10 speeds are going (going to look like a road bike soon!)

i luv the assumption that even the champ that is greg is gonna use all the gears on a 10spd casette going downhill. well sherlock, he is a DH champ. So using that often neglected ability called logic, why would someone careening down a track at sick speeds require ten speeds for? Thrill me.

?

Ever thought of testing/marketing? sea otter is often used as a big marketing opportunity/event to announce new stuff. Since The Syndicate boys are big ticket names, why not dress them up in 10spds. I mean who really cares if they only REALLY use say 5 of them?

maybe note wwere i am coming from before trying to be tart.

dammit: fell for the stupid bait. :(

Capricorn2009-07-16 13:48:33

you got a good point because I'm sure if you could you would run a SS on your DH bike less to go wrong right and no stupid derailers!!!

ss crossed my mind a few times, but imagine you fall off. jeez. hope u got legs like pistons then :) Then again, when Sam Hill fell over at the 3rd to last corner at Worlds last year, he stayed in low gear and just cranked his way to the finish. Sick.

most times, i only use the bottom 4 gears. more than enough on the tracks i've been on.

Guest Big H

i luv the assumption that even the champ that is greg is gonna use all the gears on a 10spd casette. well sherlock' date=' he is a DH champ. So using that often neglected ability called logic, why would someone careening down a track at sick speeds require ten speeds for? Thrill me.

Ever thought of testing/marketing? sea otter is often used as a big marketing opportunity/event to announce new stuff. Since The Syndicate boys are big ticket names, why not dress them up in 10spds. I mean who really cares if they only REALLY use say 5 of them?

maybe note wwere i am coming from before trying to be tart.

[/quote']

Elementary my dear Watson........ you must still be an apprentice sleuth becuase you are still quite dumb and unobservant. They do pedal on the downhill you know, and an expert downhiller like Greg Minnaar will NOT carry something he does not need on his bike. He is much to professional for that. If he cannot use it to get more speed on the pedal sections he WILL junk it. There my dear chap, not neccesary to be a tart..... that is lowly...... not downhilly.

when I ride down I stay in one gear cause the biggest chain ring on the front is only a 34t so the best ratio is biggest one I got and small one at back all the way down

problem with your faulted logic, irony intended, is that once again u fell for the marketeering. Once you figure that out, get back to earth and gimme a shout :)

oh and next time a UCI world cup is live on freecaster, I hope you pose a question on the live chat. Lemme know what they say about who uses 10spd clusters.

as for being professional, he is SUppoSEd to market his sponsor's stuff. Why you think he sports different oakley shades, rain or shine, or why some world cup riders look like right ijits standing on the podium, a can of some energy drink in one hand. label face forward.At the camera.Very.Professional.

Guest Big H

problem with your faulted logic' date=' irony intended, is that once again u fell for the marketeering. Once you figure that out, get back to earth and gimme a shout :)

oh and next time a UCI world cup is live on freecaster, I hope you pose a question on the live chat. Lemme know what they say about who uses 10spd clusters.

as for being professional, he is SUppoSEd to market his sponsor's stuff. Why you think he sports different oakley shades, rain or shine, or why some world cup riders look like right ijits standing on the podium, a can of some energy drink in one hand. label face forward.At the camera.Very.Professional.

[/quote']

Ek dink jy is net SUURTIET omdat jy nie 'n sponsor kan kry nie!!!!!!!!!