3 held for robbing cyclist

dagwood123

3 held for robbing cyclist

2009-07-21 12:26

Johannesburg - Three men were arrested for allegedly robbing a cyclist of his bicycle and money at knife point in Katlehong, east of Johannesburg, on Tuesday, police said.

"The three, between ages 18 and 19, stopped a 37-year-old and forcefully took his bicycle and R300 cash on Monday morning," said Captain Mega Ndobe.

After the police gathered information from community members, the men were arrested and the bicycle was recovered on Tuesday morning.

They would soon appear in the Natalspruit Magistrate's Court to face charges of robbery and possession of a stolen bicycle.

R300 isn't really a lot of cash these days.

I agree that it's a bit exessive for the odd coffee, coke or bar one, but if you stop for brekkie and then later for a bar-one and coke, that could cost 'bout R300 these days. OUr money is getting to more like the zim dollar every day.

Oh,. BTW, there is already a hread that carries this story. "MTB hijacking in Alberton Area" by Wendell.

I say we do what the other communties do and march down there and beat them to death then no single person can be blamed lol

On my road cycle training rides I take R30 and on the MTB R50 because the shops along that route is more expansive. Unless I know I'm going to have breakfast I do not carry alot of cash.

I travel with my credit card only, I carry it between my cycling rods and upper leg.

On my road cycle training rides I take R30 and on the MTB R50 because the shops along that route is more expansive. Unless I know I'm going to have breakfast I do not carry alot of cash.
Shocked

Shocked

Don't be shocked. I've always said I'm a proud roadie that just likes MTBing more.

Shocked

Don't be shocked. I've always said I'm a proud roadie that just likes MTBing more.

Panzy! Big%20smile