Another tire question

quickdraw

Hi

I have a Kenda Karm 2.1 UST - thinking of getting a Conti Mountain/Race/Speed king USt.

What would be the best option - Karma front and speed/race king rear or Karma rear and Mountain King front?

Added: I am currently running a Revolt Super X up front and smallblock 8 rear - anybody use the Super X in winter?
quickdraw2009-07-22 05:46:53

I just got the mountain kings UST and they are damn grippy, go for the 2.4 if you running it up front, the 2.2's are relatively skinny.

For a winter setup (especially with all the recent rain) I'd run the Conti mountain front/Karma 2.1 on the back.

I was against the Mountain King front and Race King rear movement. In my last race however, the Mountain King showed its worth. Was on a technical single track descent over exposed roots, some rocks and slightly damp dirt (not  wet, just every so slightly moist because of the forest surroundings). Any way the Race King was locking and slipping but no matter what the Mountain King gripped. I found myself using more front brake than I would normally like to and the Mountain King just did the rest. So I vote Mountain King on the Front for sure.