Campy NOT sold..... press release from factory

PPWTF

Eeeek. That would be like Alfa selling out to Toyota' date=' or Fiat to Nissan.

The Japs know how to make stuff IMO. Just such a pity they make it out of such crappy and inferior metals.

Defnitief nie gebou om te hou. (Not built to last.)

[/quote']

Please show me an Italian car in the same age group as Corolla or 1400 bakkie that is still running without being restored.

Campag and the Ikes!!!!

Competition commissions would not allow the sale to Shimano...

Hey' date=' don't blaspheme in public.

The Campag body design is superior to the Shimano one in every way. Campag bit the bullet ten years ago and redesigned its freehub body with large splines so that it could be made from aluminium and still be strong enough to not notch in use.

Shimano is now at the crossroads and recently had to redesign its new DA range with a similar spline in order to catch up.  The result is now incompatibilities between ranges.

SRAM had to design its Shimano-compatible cassette around this flaw. This requires some expensive engineering in a disposable part - the cassette. I'd prefer to pay a little bit more for the hub and less for the cassette.

[/quote']

Hi Fiiiive Johan!!!!!!!! Hahaha.

Sheesh it is such a relief that it was only a rumor, Sh*tmano would've messed up the quality and style of such a class product. Though most ppl drive their standard everyday commuter cars like toyota, nissan (sh*tmano) they still all dream of driving pure class sports cars like lamborghini, ferrari (Campagnolo) hee hee Wink

C'mon guys, lets be objective about this. Its great fun to take sides in a debate between Campy and Shimano. Personally I love my two Campy gruppos, and I have nothing but reliablility from my Shimano ones. But this rumour opens up the prospect of a nightmare scenario, in which we as the consumer cyclist would come off second best. I for one don't believe the rumour, but just imagine a monopoly manufacturer- i'm sure I don't have to spell it out. Campy is still the majority gruppo used in the TdF and Giro (and probably right through the pro races), so they still have the muscle to resist any takeover- the Italians would not let an iconic sporting brand like this go. SRAM will be expanding into the market, especially with American money and influence behind it, and the more competition, the better.

SRAM will be expanding into the market' date=' especially with American money and influence behind it, and the more competition, the better. [/quote']

Don't forget the South African money behind Sram, since Johan Rupert bought Lehman Brothers Holdings that invested a bunch of cash into the company.

It will probably be Shimano - they must have decided to finally upgrade all those Crampy users to decent stuff and put them out of their misery Wink

They will be bringing out a complete new product range under the label "Campano" apparently the quality will be vastly improved on the existing campag stuffLOLLOL

SRAM will be expanding into the market' date=' especially with American money and influence behind it, and the more competition, the better. [/quote']

Don't forget the South African money behind Sram, since Johan Rupert bought Lehman Brothers Holdings that invested a bunch of cash into the company.

Ahhhh- OK. I was at a Durban LSB yesterday and pone of the guys told me that they would be fitting a lot more SRAm, but he also said that they were cheaper, including the X0.

Ahhhh- OK. I was at a Durban LSB yesterday and pone of the guys told me that they would be fitting a lot more SRAm, but he also said that they were cheaper, including the X0.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Lance Armstrong also baught a share in SRAM?? (Noted this year that it was 1st time ever LA rode TdF on something other than Shimano).