Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Latest discovery, a Petini built by SA frame builder Duncan MacIntyre.attachicon.gif20151111_182529.jpg

Linden Cycles used to sell those in the late 80's.  Similar to local Alpina's of the time?

*Edit*  Clicks picture, sees Linden Cycle clearly printed on frame. <facepalm>

Edited by GreatGusto

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those bi-annual rides!

+-1986 Vitus Carbone 3 in KAS team colors remittent of the Sean Kelly era.

53cm Vitus Carbone 3 frame, carbon tubes bonded into aluminium lugs. Dural 979 fork and stays.

Pat. 1984 Campagnolo Super Record group set

7spd Suntour (sic) cassette on Record hubs. Rear Ambrosio Montreal and front Mavic 280 Gel rims. NOS Wolber Neo Pro tubbies.

Cinelli 65 -42 bar and 90cm stem. White cloth tape, clear coated to save it getting dirty on first ride.

NOS Selle Italia Turbo embroidered saddle. 

Total weight as seen 8.6kg (not bad for the age)

Rides very well and likes to zip around corners and potholes due to the short wheelbase. Can't wait to take it to the hills.

The bike is very quiet and apart from the hum of the rubber on the tar this KAS team bike doesn't make any sound. 

Still have to find a spare $40 to import some NOS hoods unless someone has a pair lying about gathering dust that they are willing to sell?

That is such a clean build!! Seat post and seat could change ATMO.. ;)

Thank you Greg. The frame uses a very unique 23mm seat post with a flattened bit at the rear to accommodate the grub screw in the lug.

The KAS Vitus bikes always seem to have had Turbo saddles. I found this NOS in CT and think the yellow stitching matched the yellow Vitus decal.

The tyre tread has started to crack and I will need to replace with some new tubbies before taking it out on a far ride. Hopefully at the next retro ride (Evan?)

Edited by Loose cog

Hi guys. I picked this Bianchi up and need some help identifying the model (if at all possible) so that the restoration process can begin! I've taken pics of all the details on the lugs and the dropouts are Campagnolo. The entire frame has been resprayed white and the bike is Shimano 600 tricolour equipped which appears to be original. Wheelset is a set of 600 hubs laced to Wolber TX Profil rims.

My guess would be late 80's Columbus SL?

post-64130-0-59680900-1447669898_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-00912600-1447669917_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-37395900-1447669918_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-88864000-1447669919_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-94167900-1447669920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Badsam

Hi guys. I picked this Bianchi up and need some help identifying the model (if at all possible) so that the restoration process can begin! I've taken pics of all the details on the lugs and the dropouts are Campagnolo. The entire frame has been resprayed white and the bike is Shimano 600 tricolour equipped which appears to be original. Wheelset is a set of 600 hubs laced to Wolber TX Profil rims.

My guess would also be late 80s.

Aero crown on the fork came in in 1985.

The seat stays are capped and look late 80s, compared to my mid 80s Record 935.

Check through the BB for butting, or spirals in the tubing.

EDIT However, on 2nd look, I see it has top tube cabling, so maybe mid 80s, how many water bottle bosses? I read somewhere that Bianchi introduced 2 sets only in the late 80s!!!

Edited by HeyYou

Got this frame a few months back and with some handy work and refurbishment I managed to get it going again. First bike iv equipt with Shimano dura ace.... Don't know what you guys think of it.

Very, very nice build. really like the blue.

For me, that's the nicest DA groupo, love it.

I concur about the chain, too short .

Are the the brake levers 105???

DA had a chrome like trim.

Edited by HeyYou

Very, very nice build. really like the blue.

For me, that's the nicest DS groupo, love it.

I concur about the chain, too short .

Are the the brake levers 105???

DA had a chrome like trim.

Yes they are 105 levers couldn find dura ace so if u have a set that u wanna get rid of let me know lol. took the bike out for a ride and it seems to be shifting fine but will def have a look at the chain again thanks guys

I was given this locally made Sancini by a friend.

This frame was so well built. It has Columbus SLX tubing, Columbus lugs and Cinelli BB shell. Wanting to build her up for next years Tour of Ara...

The frame never got a chance to get painted as the factory close before they could.

Im wanting to give her a good polish, then shoot a clear coat. 

Local is lekker....  

post-44444-0-23197600-1447744846_thumb.jpg

My Penpal Robert Cobcroft sent me this link with some info  http://veloaficionado.com/the-bianchi-x4-code/. He is an Australian collector and a fundi on Bianchis.