Cancer: Cape Cyclist in Need

shade

I found the details on the facebook group

Group Name - Nassar Arend Medical Fund<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Type:

Common Interest - Health & Wellness

Description:

Nassar has been diagnosed with Non Hoshkins Lymphoma. Due to no medical aid and with rapid rising medical bills we pleading to all for financial assistance...

Nassar is a very caring, wonderful, compassionate person who would give anything to help the next person.

I'm turning to you for financial assistance as Nassar is very sick & his family traumatize by the thought of loosing there precious husband & father and still having to deal with medical bills.

Fairuz Arend, Nedbank, Code 10760900, Acc No 1076008070

Contact Info

Email:

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

Office:

021 6962870

Benona Street, Lansdowne

<?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cape Town, South Africaon>

Recent News

Nassar was told that the cancer is in his marrow & due to the chemo he must also have an injection to prevent loss of the marrow which is vital the treatment cost R3000.00 per injection which he has to receive three times per week for the next six month, just for that the total will be R 216,000.00 excluding Chemo and all the other treatments.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the banking details for any assistance for the medical help for Nassar Arend...Fairuz Arend, Nedbank, Code 10760900, Acc No: 1076008070

Thank you all for all your support and generosity

From another Tjommie PE

CWC or WW can you donate an item that we can raise funds that way.

I actually was meaning to do this to help myself raise additional funds for my very own hospital bills.... But I've already been so blessed by the hubbers' generosity, so I guess its payback time.

I already have donations from Sludg and Holdfast www.sludgeproducts.com & www.holdfast.co.za

Sludge have indicated they will donate 10 bottle, not 100% sure with specific item but I'm also willing to swop it for you if you win something you dont / cant use.

20090806_030654_Sluge_range.jpg

And Holdfast will donate a Clip-on bike rack valued at R900.

(Picture to follow)

Here's what I propose.

Make a donation of R50 up to R249 and qualify for a lucky draw to win one of 10 Sludge items.

Make a donation of R250 or more and qualify for the draw to win the Holdfast clip-on bike rack.

We can always add more prizes and lucky draw categories depending on the value of the prize.

Who ever manages the bank account will then just need to help us with the lucky draw names.

I actually was meaning to do this to help myself raise additional funds for my very own hospital bills.... But I've already been so blessed by the hubbers' generosity, so I guess its payback time.

I already have donations from Sludg and Holdfast www.sludgeproducts.com & www.holdfast.co.za

Sludge have indicated they will donate 10 bottle, not 100% sure with specific item but I'm also willing to swop it for you if you win something you dont / cant use.

(Picture to follow)

Here's what I propose.

Make a donation of R50 up to R249 and qualify for a lucky draw to win one of 10 Sludge items.

Make a donation of R250 or more and qualify for the draw to win the Holdfast clip-on bike rack.

We can always add more prizes and lucky draw categories depending on the value of the prize.

Who ever manages the bank account will then just need to help us with the lucky draw names.

20090806_031207_IMG_4512.jpeg

Hi guys

Thought Id post a picture of Nasser and his wife.  These pics were taken during the 2007 DC.

Please support in any way you can.20090806_031433_IMG_4575.jpeg

Thank you Hagar' date=' your assistance is appreciated[/quote']

your welcome !!! that is what the Hub is all about !!! i have had so much help here from fellow hubbers so now its my turn to help a bit !!

As I am posting this, I called Nasser.  He is at Groote Schuur waiting on his chemo treatment. I informed him about the response on the hub and both he and his wife are totally overwhelmed and grateful for the support.

I actually was meaning to do this to help myself raise additional funds for my very own hospital bills.... But I've already been so blessed by the hubbers' generosity' date=' so I guess its payback time.

(Picture to follow)

Here's what I propose.

[/quote']

WW, I am happy to help and co-ordinate funds. Are you OK with that!

I will start a new thread called "Tjommies Fund Raiser' and all those making a deposit and wish to go onto the draw must send me their deposit slip (either e-mail or fax). No slip sent , no entry!Wink

Thank You for your generosity & GOD Bless!!ClapClap

Clap

I know Nasser for 3 years now and he has taught me alot with regards to cycling and I've learnt alot from him.  His condition was as much a shock to me as it was to his family and friends.

My support and prayers are with him and his family.  This situation is not an easy one, please all, show your support.

And to Nasser and his family... be strong, remain positive and have faith.

WW & Captain Slow

Great to know ppl are prepared to help each other in times of need. Thank you for the offer

WW' date=' I am happy to help and co-ordinate funds. Are you OK with that!

I will start a new thread called "Tjommies Fund Raiser' and all those making a deposit and wish to go onto the draw must send me their deposit slip (either e-mail or fax). No slip sent , no entry!Wink

Thank You for your generosity & GOD Bless!!ClapClap
Clap[/quote']

Thanks Captain slow.