Cancer: Cape Cyclist in Need

shade

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasser Arend Fundraising Cyling Event

On Sunday the 16th August we are requesting all friends of cycling to meet @ Jubilee Square Simons Town between 8.30am and 9.30am in order to show our support for our fellow cyclist in need, we hope to run a collection for funds towards Nasser much needed cancer treatment.

We are appealing to one and all to make a donation as generous as their pockets allow.

This appeal goes out to fellow cyclist but is by no means limited to them, we welcome one and all to come show your support...we don't care whether you come by bicycle, motor bike, bus or train even by OX WAGEN just come!!!

"In the event of rain collection will still take place."

Hi fellow Hubber`s, we have managed to get a donation of some koeksisters an coke for those that will come out and show their support (& Cash) on sunday morning...however depending on the numbers we cannot garentee that everyone will get some.

In addition we have negotiated with the management of the coffe shop in jubilee square to sell A take away coffee/tea and a muffin of your choice for only R20.00 and donate a R5.00 of every sale towards our effort.

I`m not in a position to comment on Nasser's Health!

But a Very big THANK YOU! to all who supported Yesterday`s Fund Raiser in what ever way!!!!

We managed to collected Just over R12000.00!!!

hi

Nasser did not go for his chemotherapy last thursday because he had Flu. He will be going today for chemo as well as a lumber punch in his spine (medically referred to as CHOP)

At the moment dr's are deciding how much chemo sessions per week and seeing how he responds to the treatment.

This is the update I received from his wife.

The family appreciate all the contributions received yesterday

I came all the way from Port Elizabeth to be part of the fundraising for Nasser Arend  and was not disappointed at the turn out or the generousity of the people especially from a school from Oceanview that dug deep into there pockets, R12,600 in total was raised in one & half hours. ( They say the kaapies like to brag but I say you've earned that right...LOL )

Update: Nasser had his chemo today in total 6 x chemo bags plus a lumber punch.

Thanks to one & all for your support.