• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did he just say 20km? :blink:

Sorry. WHAT?!

yeah with the extended first section at the start it's just under 20km

:o

Let me just replace my pacemaker quickly...

there. he just said it again.. you must have amazingly efficiently chair lifts? :P

is this a stage event?

Edited by Jarek Wysocki

there. he just said it again.. you must have amazingly efficiently chair lifts? :P

is this a stage event?

I think it's more of a mini-series. Although, it does have Broadway appeal (edit - VERY vague, I know. But I doubt that 20km of ST nirvana could fit onto the Artscape theatre stage. More of a Band of Brothers style epic mini-series...)

TWENTY. FRIKKIN. KILOMETRES. I'm having a very VERY naughty dream tonight.

Edited by cptmayhem

Lol... I do have the propensity to go on the roff side every now and again. My darker side coming out.

But seriously... 20km? That's crazy talk right there. You sure you're not running 12" tires and your speedo is registering 36" tires?

haha chairlift...thats funny...nope in Peru you take a taxi up...takes about an hour to get to the pass from where you start the trail...don't have a ton of pic's with me, but here are some,

post-9165-0-56476400-1306090750.jpg

These terrace ruins were discovered in 2008, while building the trail...the trail runs through them (but were not used for the race)post-9165-0-77171500-1306091043.jpg

One of the fast parts...on the right, look for the trail running at a nice little angle on an old inca road...we call it the autobahn

post-9165-0-01182500-1306091280.jpg

is this a stage event?

Nope, they ran it similarly to a megavalanche, after qualification there were two race runs, with points for each and the best points score took it, this year's winner was the Chilean national champ, seriously, I don't know why there are not more South American riders on the World cup tour, these cats are FAST!

Coca tea actually!!!

at last years race there were no injuries, just a couple of cases of hypothermia!

mild case of hypothermia.. cacao tea, and 20km DH. I'm starting to like this bit of insanity! :D